By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has Begun Planning Wii 2 began when the wii was completed!

Today, Nintendo's Satoru Iwata has said that work for Wii's successor begun the minute the last system was completed and released. Although he said that, I don't expect to see the Wii 2 shortly, as he explained to investors today that there is still plenty of work to do on the Wii as it is.

Speaking at a Q&A session that was held recently, he stated, "as soon as a new system is complete - from the very moment it is complete - we're thinking about the plan for the next game machine." He then went on to say "We believe there's still more we can do with the Wii."

Again, I don't expect we'll see the next Wii at this year's E3, but it's good to know Nintendo have started the development of the successor to the Wii.

http://www.baxy-z.com/site_content.php?title=nintendo-has-begun-planning-wii-2

Around the Network

Stop the preses. An amazing discovery was made: the sky is blue.

Double post.

Triple post.

Around the Network

Ok, but thats just the business. Every console manufacturer has to think about the successor at the moment when he releases a major piece of hardware. Its the same since the 90´s. And its a well known fact. Not like the fact that sonys and nintys booth´s are always next to each other at E3,... whaever i´m Just telling you ;)

This was known before the Wii launched. >_> He's just re-stating it, and he has re-stated it many times.

Damn you, Rhonin, you beat me to it!!!

OP: Seriously, every company does that. What do you expect the R&D to do in between generations? Or do you think the Wii, PS3, 360, DS and PSP specifications, planning, software were conceived overnight?

ya they started work on the Wii when Gamecube launched too, this isin't news.

O-D-C said:
ya they started work on the Wii when Gamecube launched too, this isin't news.

Some people don't seem to get that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs