By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has Begun Planning Wii 2 began when the wii was completed!

I have to have a good laugh when I read this. My uncle worked on GameCube and Wii at IBM. Work on the Wii began before the GameCube even hit the shelves. I also remember project Dolphin (GameCube) was started before the N64 hit the shelves back in like 94. Then theirs the fact that Miyamoto said the Wiimote had been in development since the NES. Nintendo never stops developing new technologies and they have the forsight to begin developing new platforms years before the latest one launches.

Now my uncle can't tell me about new products until they are made availible. But fact of the matter is the next console was in development prior to the Wii's release. Also Miyamoto at E3 2006 said that the next Nintendo home console would support HD. Now for Miyamoto to know that Nintendo's next console would support HD he'd have to already have forseeable insight into the next unit's development.

3DS for example must have been in development for a long time, seeing as the technology is so break through. Nintendo is always 3 steps ahead at least!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Paul said:
My digestive system is working on my next bowel movement the second the last one splashes down.

My next bowel movement doesn't begin until Sony says it does.

I think the go was sony's last bowel movement.