By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: "I was right, Wii HD is coming this year after all!"

after reading it the only word came out of my mouth is :

son of a b****

Around the Network
scottie said:
supercat said:

I'm not so disbeleiving towards the idea of a WiiHD, I mean the Wii is getting manhandled by piracy, and it wouldnt be hard at all for nintendo to come up with a console in the $250 dollar range that also had a Blu-ray player.  The blu-ray disc, btw, has security features that make it a lot harder to rip games with. 

Hopefully, the HD bandwagon will cut down on piracy.

Nintendo never start a generation early, and they always use their own, customised storage format. Fact is, Wii HD was predicted to release years ago. Pachter will continue to predict the Wii HD until Nintendo finally does release their next gen console. Then he will claim himself to be a genius

What advantage would having a propriety format offer, if an alternative could prevent piracy?  The wii should be outselling the PS3 2:1 with software because that is it's hardware lead, but the wii only sells about 30% more software lately, so nintendo is leaving a LOT of money on the table that it could be acquiring.

I also see what you are saying about nintendo being aggressive with hardware but keep in mind that cost-wise you dont have to have a bleeding edge machine with blu-ray.  You could make something that is a bit less powerful than the 360 and still have a BD player for around $250 if you didnt require a huge HD.

he's so pathetic, I got tired of Patcher stupid editotrials

Well he sure has a hell of a way of putting a spin on it, LMAO!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

the funny thing are all the people who whine about his predictions
because it is not realy his job to guess if there is a WII HD or something else
that are only comments like yours or mine

Around the Network

I've mocked the idea of a Wii HD for as long as there has been talk of such a thing, and with good reason, I think. The fact that Pachter has claimed such a thing was coming, and coming soon has been a source of astonishment to me. It's good to see he finally wised up.

I hope you guys realise that this comment was most certainly a joke, and a joke at both his own and Sony's expense. Anybody who doesn't see Move being called Wii HD as a barb at Sony missed all the threads on here about Move only copying Nintendo.

This is invisible text!

i think all that Pachter been thinking about is money LOL
hes been badmouthing 3rd party publishers for making exclusive games.
what an a$$hole this guy is.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

In 2007, Pachter predicted Wii HD would be released in "two to three years." That means 2009, or 2010. He was already wrong about 2009. He is going to be wrong about 2010. And for the record, Pachter trying to claim victory on this is complete BULLSHIT. He thought that the Wii would have to play catch up to the PS3 and 360. Instead, the PS3 and 360 are playing catch up to the Wii. The EXACT OPPOSITE of his prediction happened.

Here's link to proof by the way: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/pachter-predicts-hd-wii/

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

So does this mean the Wii will " stop losing steam" seen as Wii HD is releasing this fall?

Mummelmann said:

I think, if we're all honest with ourselves, we know what this is all about;

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)