By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the worst rpg u have played this gen ?

@cgi-quality, i know that. i was just saying i was suprised because i know a ton of ppl who either thought ff13 was a good to great game, not a single one of my friends said they thought it was their worst rpg they played this gen, same with fable 2. also at other ppl i know ff13 and fable 2 were hyped alot, but the bigger the hype doesnt always mean the expectations of a game will match for the game in question.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Enchanted arms for sure. Eternal sonata is pissing me off right now.

Oblivion and Fable 2.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Too Human if you count that

FF13, true there probably have been worse, I just have avoided them, and I think FF13 should be lumped into the category of not a good game.

Around the Network

Infinite Undiscovery. I can't get into that game at all and I've tried multiple times. Plus the graphics are lackluster and everyone looks like a chunky dwarf for some reason.  Eternal Sonata and Oblivion are pretty bad as well but there are at least elements or concepts about those two that I like.  There's nothing about IU that I enjoy from what I've played.

Barozi said:
gurglesletch said:
Far Cry 2. Still liked it but the traveling time was way too long.

Then tell us your most hated game, because if you consider Far Cry 2 as an RPG, you should make no exceptions. All (most) games have some small RPG elements.

Or you simply name a real RPG :)

My most hated game is Dead Space.

gurglesletch said:
Barozi said:
gurglesletch said:
Far Cry 2. Still liked it but the traveling time was way too long.

Then tell us your most hated game, because if you consider Far Cry 2 as an RPG, you should make no exceptions. All (most) games have some small RPG elements.

Or you simply name a real RPG :)

My most hated game is Dead Space.

Ahhh burn the heathen!!!!

Buuurrnnn hiiimmm! Dead Space rocked.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN: I hope everyone knows the reason I wrote up LO is that I have never successfully completed a JRPG and not that it's a bad or boring game at all.

I learned to love wrpg's through lite stuff like Fable TLC and Kotor then Morrowind and Oblivion etc. etc. not the jrpg - arpg - wrpg route over decades that most of you took. If I was ever going to finish a jrpg it would have been LO but I just couldn't do it. Beautiful game though. I remember trading it for DMMM:Elements which was fairly awful. Even that I finished.

I'd rather play a B grade wrpg like Divinity 2 than the best jrpg ever made. Weird huh? Hey! What's that gasoline for?

Hmm, it's a hard choice, it would have to be one of these three:
* Eternal Sonata
* Oblivion
* Fallout 3

With Eternal Sonata, it had a decent game buried in there, it was just sooooooo broken. Add to the fact it has one of the worst dungeons in the history of RPG's (Fort Fermata) and that bow chick that could heal your entire party and kill everything in a single round and the game just wasn't good. It's sad because the music and the graphics were incredible.

With Oblivion, it just failed as an RPG. You had no motivation to actually do the main quest and you ended up just doing side quests until the gameplay became painfully boring. Fallout 3 was pretty much the same problem though it at least kept your attention much longer.

I think I'm going to go with Eternal Sonata.

-edit-

What the Hell?  Why is Dead Space and Farcry 2 even mentioned in this thread?