By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report: Consumer spending in US, UK, GER, FR, NL and BE

DirtyP2002 said:

UK > France by 900,000,000 €

UK > Germany by 800,000,000 €

According to shio, those were the markets were PC gaming rules everything. Well not so much.

Don't understand your logic.

According to this report, PC rules Germany (number of players)

The report doesnt show the same table for the other countries, but judging by the fact that:

UK 31,300,000 (majority probably console gamers unlike in Germany)

Germany 35,500,000

He's probably right...

Around the Network

Sorry but these numbers are wrong.

The proportion of PC revenue is too high.

They expect me to believe that PC has 24% revenue in the US? (PC 16% + 8% MMO which is esentually PC games).

palancas7 said:

Study: Used Games, Online Make Up 46 Percent Of U.S. Gamers' Budget

U.S. gamers spend the most amount of its total budget on console games, with over $15 billion spent on home and handheld software. PC followed with $4.15 billion spent total. Game portals claimed $2.78 billion, mobile devices $1.1 billion and MMOs $2.12 million.

No. Last time I heard USA PC revenue was around $1 billion per year. Now it's $4 billion all of a sudden? (and it's not even including MMOs).

palancas7 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

UK > France by 900,000,000 €

UK > Germany by 800,000,000 €

According to shio, those were the markets were PC gaming rules everything. Well not so much.

Don't understand your logic.

According to this report, PC rules Germany (number of players)

The report doesnt show the same table for the other countries, but judging by the fact that:

UK 31,300,000 (majority probably console gamers unlike in Germany)

Germany 35,500,000

He's probably right...

1. Shio claimed that the majority would play PC games here and consoles would be a niche.
  2. What does number of Players really mean? It can't be unique users. Am I a PC player when I play one point n click adventure every two years and as well a console gamer when I buy about 10 games every year?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Everyone in the Netherlands is pirating games. That's because we're notorious cheapskates.

I, of course, never pirate games, because it sucks.

Raido said:
I can confirm that Germany has a lot PC gamers xD

Oh, and it's surprising that UK spents more money on games than Germany since it has less gamers and the games are cheaper in the UK. Maybe it counts imports, because we germans import a lot of games from the UK xD

FEWER

But it is interesting to see how close Fr and Ger are to Britain, though of course, exchange rates will change these values comparitively

Around the Network

The gap is quite small between Netherlands and Belgium in spending while NL has 50% more inhabitants...

Chrizum said:
Everyone in the Netherlands is pirating games. That's because we're notorious cheapskates.

I, of course, never pirate games, because it sucks.

So piracy is big in Holland? Not just PC but X360 too?

You youself don't even download PC games?

So apart from Germany, console sales are almost pacman!!!

PC is kicking ass. I told you so :)

According to the report, PC has 35% of the entire US Gaming Industry, while consoles have 65%, BUT:

- Console Revenue INCLUDES Handhelds!!
- Console Revenue INCLUDES Used Market Revenue!!

Remove those two, and maybe you'll see PC making more money than Wii/PS2/Xbox360 combined.

shio said:
PC is kicking ass. I told you so :)

According to the report, PC has 35% of the entire US Gaming Industry, while consoles have 65%, BUT:

- Console Revenue INCLUDES Handhelds!!
- Console Revenue INCLUDES Used Market Revenue!!

Remove those two, and maybe you'll see PC making more money than Wii/PS2/Xbox360 combined.

Don't get too excited.  Just Zynga games on facebook did an estimated $250 million in 2009.  Add in all the others and the Popcaps and the like and it's hardly the dawning of a new Golden Age of PC gaming.  If you pull the ultracasuals (which I love, don't get me wrong) and then take out Valve and Blizzard a few console ports and a handful of other fairly heavy hitters, you aren't left with a whole lot to spread around to the others.  It's not like developers are going to start flocking to PC to make their new exclusive AAA games any time soon.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?