By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report: Consumer spending in US, UK, GER, FR, NL and BE

68% of game revenues in France come from consoles/handhelds, more than in USA & UK ?
Wow. I always thought the PC gaming market is still strong in France.

Around the Network
fastyxx said:
shio said:
PC is kicking ass. I told you so :)

According to the report, PC has 35% of the entire US Gaming Industry, while consoles have 65%, BUT:

- Console Revenue INCLUDES Handhelds!!
- Console Revenue INCLUDES Used Market Revenue!!

Remove those two, and maybe you'll see PC making more money than Wii/PS2/Xbox360 combined.

Don't get too excited.  Just Zynga games on facebook did an estimated $250 million in 2009.  Add in all the others and the Popcaps and the like and it's hardly the dawning of a new Golden Age of PC gaming.  If you pull the ultracasuals (which I love, don't get me wrong) and then take out Valve and Blizzard a few console ports and a handful of other fairly heavy hitters, you aren't left with a whole lot to spread around to the others.  It's not like developers are going to start flocking to PC to make their new exclusive AAA games any time soon.  

and whats wrong with the PC casual market. At least the PC casual market has real games unlike consoles which consist of 99.9% horsez, babiez, and fashion savvy like games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
fastyxx said:
shio said:

According to the report, PC has 35% of the entire US Gaming Industry, while consoles have 65%, BUT:

Remove those two, and maybe you'll see PC making more money than Wii/PS2/Xbox360 combined.

Don't get too excited.  Just Zynga games on facebook did an estimated $250 million in 2009.  Add in all the others and the Popcaps and the like and it's hardly the dawning of a new Golden Age of PC gaming.  If you pull the ultracasuals (which I love, don't get me wrong) and then take out Valve and Blizzard a few console ports and a handful of other fairly heavy hitters, you aren't left with a whole lot to spread around to the others.  It's not like developers are going to start flocking to PC to make their new exclusive AAA games any time soon.  

and whats wrong with the PC casual market. At least the PC casual market has real games unlike consoles which consist of 99.9% horsez, babiez, and fashion savvy like games.

Ummm.  I'm fairly certain it says I love casual games.

I may be the biggest Popcap whore on the planet, for example.  I've bought Peggle, for example, on four different platforms.  And I play facebook games (though I don't spend money on them.)  

And how dare you rip on horsez and babiez.  Makes me wanna go play Barbie Horse Adventures.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
shio said:

I think there's a category "game portals" for those kind of games.

Slimebeast said:
Chrizum said:
Everyone in the Netherlands is pirating games. That's because we're notorious cheapskates.

I, of course, never pirate games, because it sucks.

So piracy is big in Holland? Not just PC but X360 too?

You youself don't even download PC games?

Every system is being pirated here. No one, and I mean no one, buys games for DS and PSP, and most people have modded Wiis and 360s too. PC is absolutely dead in the Netherlands.

I myself only download old PC games because I can't find them in stores. I never pirate new games.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Slimebeast said:
Chrizum said:
Everyone in the Netherlands is pirating games. That's because we're notorious cheapskates.

Every system is being pirated here. No one, and I mean no one, buys games for DS and PSP, and most people have modded Wiis and 360s too. PC is absolutely dead in the Netherlands.

I myself only download old PC games because I can't find them in stores. I never pirate new games.

X360 piracy is quite big in Sweden too.

But what do u mean "PC is dead" in Holland? You mean new game sales, or PC gaming in general? Because I mean Holland is a similar country to Sweden and Germany where PC gaming (& piracy) is huge.

Slimebeast said:
Chrizum said:
Slimebeast said:
Chrizum said:

X360 piracy is quite big in Sweden too.

But what do u mean "PC is dead" in Holland? You mean new game sales, or PC gaming in general? Because I mean Holland is a similar country to Sweden and Germany where PC gaming (& piracy) is huge.

Most people here love PC gaming, but PC sales are as good as dead, because everyone pirates games. Also, prices of PC games have gone up dramatically here the last couple of years (what was €45 is now €60).

it's funny that discussing PC numbers is very much like Wii numbers, where there's always the "that doesn't count!" argument lol

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!