By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy - What Went Wrong!!

Well if I ever get the chance I'll probably pick it up then. Sounds more up my alley.

Around the Network

What I'm seeing in Final Fantasy that constitutes to its stagnation is the Story-telling and music direction. When I played through XII I noticed how the music-direction in the game didn't have the energy and emotion of the other games (like when a character dies like in V and VII). In fact that's another point, storytelling.
There doesn't seem to be enough of that doom (a meteor in the sky) and gloom (kefka poisoning people) for "each" of the characters. The strongest part of any RPG is the story, and once the story just isn't as good as the ones you've played before, you start disliking the game itself too. Also, there's that linearity that's been in the games since X.
I liked X a lot even though it had linearity, but I didn't like XII. The difference was because of Story and music direction, which were way better in X. I considered V and VI, the pinnacle of all the Final Fantasies for these reasons: Mature Characters, Great music direction and Story Telling (quite unpredictable at times), and open world non-linearity. Also, a little more violence helps too, a maniacal villain (IE: Kefka, Sephiroth).
So in conclusion if the next game brings these things back into the game, then a lot will have to go wrong for the game to be boring.
It kind of gets me feeling like comparing XII to the Star wars prequels (please don't flame me for this sentence input, but I just had to add it in).
(Note: I have yet to play XIII or even XI-but that's an MMO anyways).

the only problem with this game is the imposible to please fans

Hey! Did anybody ride a chocobo in FFXlll? I just realised that I never did! I saw a pic of Lightening riding one in a magazine. How does one do this?

OP went wrong. You grew out of the series or were unable to adapt to its changes.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Hey! Did anybody ride a chocobo in FFXlll? I just realised that I never did! I saw a pic of Lightening riding one in a magazine. How does one do this?

You get to ride chocobos when you finish mission 14.

Hope they go back to their roots because 13 was a pure shame, it is selling only because of the brand and because is now a casual game, everything is simplified and fat free and anorexic RPG, no not an RPG an interactive movie, i dont know what to call it, a valium substitute maybe, well non rpg gamers are loving it is like because a very pretty Tomb raider.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

d21lewis said:

After the 14th cieth mission, thats 33 hour into the game, welcome to FF 13 my friend.

PS oh and they are only used to reach other cieth missions

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I have neither PS3 nor XBox360. So, no FF13.

radha said:
d21lewis said:

After the 14th cieth mission, thats 33 hour into the game, welcome to FF 13 my friend.

PS oh and they are only used to reach other cieth missions

And to get around faster which is fine except you've just ran around like a lemon for whatever amount of hours to get said Chocobo.

Hmm, pie.