By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy - What Went Wrong!!

^^^Same goes for Atari, Sega, Namco, Capcom, Square, etc.

Around the Network

I want to see an FF set at this time, that would be mind-blowing for me.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

@d21lewis

u forgot the most prime exmple, RARE.

atleast square, nintndo still make gud games, RARE on th othr hand....

Does FF need a reboot? I don't know if everyone's been under a rock, but FF practically gets a reboot with every new installment.

" I just wish they could just tell a great story with grown-ups who dress in less emo outfits with a simple and intuitive battle system."

If you want grown ups who dress less emo, then you're obviously playing the wrong video game. Also, a simple battle system would be just stupid imo.

How about making a good battle system next time? And put some story into your game, SE (don't tell me FFXIII had a story, I'll laugh so hard)

Around the Network
perpride said:
Does FF need a reboot? I don't know if everyone's been under a rock, but FF practically gets a reboot with every new installment.

" I just wish they could just tell a great story with grown-ups who dress in less emo outfits with a simple and intuitive battle system."

If you want grown ups who dress less emo, then you're obviously playing the wrong video game. Also, a simple battle system would be just stupid imo.

+100

@routsounmanman

I'm laughing at u right nw.

I started playing FF when my friend let me borrow FF7 for the computer. I remembered the commercials on TV, and so I gave it a try. It blew me away. I had never played something like that before, couldn't wait to get my hands on more. (300 plus hours spent on this game)

Final Fantasy Tactics was the cherry on top. (~150~ hours spent on getting everything, but failed)

Final Fantasy 8 was a let down. I did everything possible in the game, but in the end, I didn't get the same feeling as I did from previous title. (~120~ hours)

I played Final Fantasy 9 with my roommate. I remembering liking it, but since it was a dual project, I don't have clear memory of it anymore. I can't wait to buy it again for PSN, though.

Never owned a PS2: I was a poor kid. So no Final Fantasy 10, 11, or 12.

Now for Final Fantasy 13: I'm in chapter 9, and so far... I like it; I really, really like it. I'm attached to all characters, and the story is decent enough to keep me guessing. The game is beautiful, and I die often because I'm easily distracted by the graphics. The game so far is worth every penny of my $30.00 I paid for it.

Honestly, I actually like that fact that is linear. I've laid down ~40 some hours~ so far, and I've only been able to master like 5 weapons, and 4 accessories. I enjoy that they recap everything in the story, and reading it over has been fun for me. Having played up to chapter 9 so far, I truly understand why they left out stores and inn, it makes sense.

Every Final Fantasy is different, and I think I understand now that some are acquired tastes, while other appeal to the masses.

In other words: I can't see what people are b!tch!ng at...

routsounmanman said:
How about making a good battle system next time? And put some story into your game, SE (don't tell me FFXIII had a story, I'll laugh so hard)

FF13 had a story.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

DraconianAC said:

I started playing FF when my friend let me borrow FF7 for the computer. I remembered the commercials on TV, and so I gave it a try. It blew me away. I had never played something like that before, couldn't wait to get my hands on more. (300 plus hours spent on this game)

Final Fantasy Tactics was the cherry on top. (~150~ hours spent on getting everything, but failed)

Final Fantasy 8 was a let down. I did everything possible in the game, but in the end, I didn't get the same feeling as I did from previous title. (~120~ hours)

I played Final Fantasy 9 with my roommate. I remembering liking it, but since it was a dual project, I don't have clear memory of it anymore. I can't wait to buy it again for PSN, though.

Never owned a PS2: I was a poor kid. So no Final Fantasy 10, 11, or 12.

Now for Final Fantasy 13: I'm in chapter 9, and so far... I like it; I really, really like it. I'm attached to all characters, and the story is decent enough to keep me guessing. The game is beautiful, and I die often because I'm easily distracted by the graphics. The game so far is worth every penny of my $30.00 I paid for it.

Honestly, I actually like that fact that is linear. I've laid down ~40 some hours~ so far, and I've only been able to master like 5 weapons, and 4 accessories. I enjoy that they recap everything in the story, and reading it over has been fun for me. Having played up to chapter 9 so far, I truly understand why they left out stores and inn, it makes sense.

Every Final Fantasy is different, and I think I understand now that some are acquired tastes, while other appeal to the masses.

In other words: I can't see what people are b!tch!ng at...

Great post excpt for the FF8 part. I'll nevr undrstand the hate for FF8, maybe ppl expctd anthr FF7.

AkibaFan said:

Great post excpt for the FF8 part. I'll nevr undrstand the hate for FF8, maybe ppl expctd anthr FF7.

Or maybe because it sucked.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you