By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy - What Went Wrong!!

God SHUT UP!

S-E wanted to change things up a little which was pretty clear with the last 3 iterations.

Your reaction?

Oh no! They're changing the formula that's been exactly the same for 6 games, how dare they! I want the same standard monotony, boo for no ATB!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Guys so I've decided to give the Final Fantasy series a try, question is: Does it matter on which order I play them? For example could I start with IV and not have a problem?

maxxpower said:

Guys so I've decided to give the Final Fantasy series a try, question is: Does it matter on which order I play them? For example could I start with IV and not have a problem?

no they're not related at all. They're all spiritual successors. There's certain references and creatures, homages that appear between games, but the story and worlds are completely unique.

Besides FF7's prequel, and sequal. FFX's Sequal. FFXII Sequal on DS. Obviously those are direct sequals

That guys voice made me want to shoot myself. Holy slow motion angry fan boy batman..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

In my opinion
Maybe S-E need to stop make medieval/futuristic FF.
Also in the older FF , the elemental crystal was always important.

So if the next final fantasy is in a medieval universe with the crystal and job class system maybe the serie will start to sell more. Just a guess.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Around the Network
maxxpower said:

I'd suggest you starting with the 3D ones, since it seems that whichever group people play first (2D or 3D), it'll be the one they prefer. And since there'll be only 3D main series FFs, I'd think that's what you should do.

Start with Final Fantasy 7. And after playing 3D FFs, play the 2D ones.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

The Chicago Bulls were awesome in the 90's. Not so awesome now. You see, while the name is the same, the players have changed. No Kerr, no Pippen, no Jordan, no Grant, no Kukoc, and no Longley. Just a name: The Chicago Bulls.

So, while Square still calls itself square, Nintendo still calls itself Nintendo, and so forth and so on, A LOT of key players are long gone.

And that's my take on what's wrong with, not just Square and Final Fantasy, but our view of classic franchises that have endured.

d21lewis said:
The Chicago Bulls were awesome in the 90's. Not so awesome now. You see, while the name is the same, the players have changed. No Kerr, no Pippen, no Jordan, no Grant, no Kukoc, and no Longley. Just a name: The Chicago Bulls.

So, while Square still calls itself square, Nintendo still calls itself Nintendo, and so forth and so on, A LOT of key players are long gone.

And that's my take on what's wrong with, not just Square and Final Fantasy, but our view of classic franchises that have endured.

Are you saying Nintendo sucks?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

^^^I'm saying the people who were "Nintendo" then (Like Howard Phillips, Gunpei Yokoi, and others) aren't with Nintendo now (of course, Miyamoto is). We attach ourselves to a brand but forget the people that make that brand great. Nintendo is still awesome but it's a different "Nintendo" than the Nintendo I grew up with.

*posted from my Wii*
☆○◇□△

Weegee said:
In my opinion
Maybe S-E need to stop make medieval/futuristic FF.
Also in the older FF , the elemental crystal was always important.

So if the next final fantasy is in a medieval universe with the crystal and job class system maybe the serie will start to sell more. Just a guess.

bwhahahahaha see FF9 sales in the west. They tried tht & the reslt sold 2.5 Million in total in the west. (lowest post FF7 for FF). It was an excllnt game bt sales wise ppl wnt a ff like 8, 7, 13 or 10 luking at sales. In japan I dnt knw wht they wnt because both sold well.