By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3, The Loser That The Fans Think Is Winning.

Black RL said:
Chrizum said:
All fanboys from all sides are annoying. It's just that there are more Sony fanboys here, and they are more annoying than any other type of fanboys.

Quoted for the truth, plenty more.... Instead of playing games in their amazing machine they are always in the forums, go figure.....

Anyways, the TITLE says it all, PS3 is loosing and the XBOX360 slim + Natal + Pirce Drop + Gears of War 3 is just around the corner....

Since when?It has been beating the 360 for the last couple of months World Wide,When Was this confirmed?,I dont think its going to be THAT big,Confirm it please,People that want to play the game have a 360 already.Now switch this to the ps3 Ps3 is winning Ps3 +Lead Development +More games its getting+Gran Turismo+More monthly sales=The truth 

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Skeeuk said:
JerzeeBalla said:

Excuse the thread title, I couldnt get what the topic is into words. 

My question is this. I have been registered here for a while now, but this is my first (and probably last) thread. In the last couple of months I have seen numerous complaints about the behavior of Sony/PS3 fans (or fanboys more specifically.) I thought about why people are so upset at Sony fans seemingly superhuman ability to ignore that its in 3rd place and continue to speak as if it is indeed winning the console war. Almost every thread I enter turns into a back and forth between a group of Sony enthusiasts, and a group of people who swear that this site is run by Sony Nazis and the mods dont care. 

I personally think, and this is based on no kind of factual evidence, that the behavior is irritating because the PS3 is the last place console. This kind of behavior was present last gen, just in reverse. XBox fans talked as if it was God's gift to gamers, even though it was utterly destroyed sales wise. Ditto for the Gamecube. Sony fans hated when those camps had the audacity to place their "pitiful" consoles in the same breath as the almighty PS2.

Jump to this gen, and everything is switched. The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

i think your missing the point.

wii is selling more than ps3, but ps3 has better games and is a better console.

if you prefer better sales fair enough, most on here prefer better games.

the best console is the one that gives the gamer the best games and best features, games are kinda comparable on ps360 and features wise ps3 is better, but i think overall ps3 will have the better games this gen.

judging from your post your obviously a little hurt!

This is what I'm talking about!

LOL yeah Skeeuk proved your point perfectly, PS3 love must cause tunnel vision in these fanboys!

forevercloud3000 said:
Its mostly due to a series of unfortunate events that puts PS3 in last place. One of theLast of the consoles to debut this gen, not to mention the most pricey. Yet through and through the PS3 is known as a high quality product and has also finally been realized for its top quality games. PS3 fans simply have the believe that in due time the PS3 can surpass the 360(and this year it is very close to doing so). PS3 is outselling the 360 left and right this year, would be doing even better if they could get their shipments up.

So when you think of it like that, were we Sony Fans wrong about the PS3 to begin with?

Shipment has been a problem, but I don't think it will over take the 360 in America even if shipment is stablized. At best we can hope that the PS3 continues to sell evenly with the 360 in order to minimalize the damage in NA. Most likely it will make up the better part of the difference in the European territories. Eitherway it will be a very close race.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Sony fans are the most dedicated for their product
I mean some of them have the gap number between the 360 and PS3 in their sig
Also they come up with the craziest stuff. Like PS3 will reach 100 million!
Than point that its trending above the ps1. Yet don't know the reasons

Also I laugh when they say 360 is ahead only because of a head start. Yeah and I can say ps3 is doing only well because of brand name. Had they named it somthing else. It would've died.
See I can make excuses to.

oh well dedicated people I must say

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

kaneada said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Its mostly due to a series of unfortunate events that puts PS3 in last place. One of theLast of the consoles to debut this gen, not to mention the most pricey. Yet through and through the PS3 is known as a high quality product and has also finally been realized for its top quality games. PS3 fans simply have the believe that in due time the PS3 can surpass the 360(and this year it is very close to doing so). PS3 is outselling the 360 left and right this year, would be doing even better if they could get their shipments up.

So when you think of it like that, were we Sony Fans wrong about the PS3 to begin with?

Shipment has been a problem, but I don't think it will over take the 360 in America even if shipment is stablized. At best we can hope that the PS3 continues to sell evenly with the 360 in order to minimalize the damage in NA. Most likely it will make up the better part of the difference in the European territories. Eitherway it will be a very close race.

?

I don't understand, if shipment was up'ed how will the PS3 only be selling on par with 360 in america? I mean I know it will take a while before it could ever pass it but if more systems are being sold with such a very high demand for them(Gamestop has PS3 now at Wii status from a year ago, super impossible to find) then it should gain more ground.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I guess because the ps3 is getting AAA after AAA game more so than any other console this gen.. they/WE have a reason to gloat..

mM
JerzeeBalla said:

My question is this. I have been registered here for a while now, but this is my first (and probably last) thread. In the last couple of months I have seen numerous complaints about the behavior of Sony/PS3 fans (or fanboys more specifically.) I thought about why people are so upset at Sony fans seemingly superhuman ability to ignore that its in 3rd place and continue to speak as if it is indeed winning the console war. Almost every thread I enter turns into a back and forth between a group of Sony enthusiasts, and a group of people who swear that this site is run by Sony Nazis and the mods dont care. 

I personally think, and this is based on no kind of factual evidence, that the behavior is irritating because the PS3 is the last place console. This kind of behavior was present last gen, just in reverse. XBox fans talked as if it was God's gift to gamers, even though it was utterly destroyed sales wise. Ditto for the Gamecube. Sony fans hated when those camps had the audacity to place their "pitiful" consoles in the same breath as the almighty PS2.

Jump to this gen, and everything is switched. The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

thanks God this is your last thread, one of the stupidest I have ever seen !

fanboys are fanboys, regardless of their console of choice, so you will find mindless fanboys everywhere.

360 was released 1 full year before PS3 in America and Jap, and 16 months before PS3 in Europe. Even considering this,

PS3 has a bigger user base than 360 in Japan, bigger in Europe and bigger in Others territories. The only place where 360 has a bigger

userbase is America.  

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 30th Aug 2009 to 03rd Apr 2010:

Wii : 17,331,900
PS3 : 11,046,060
360 : 7,888,130

One Year ago :
VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Aug 2008 to 04th Apr 2009:

Wii : 16,783,932
PS3: 6,421,641
360: 8,939,391

This is why PS3 fans are happy, PS3 is increasing year after year while 360 is slowing down, but the main reason why

PS3 fans are happy is the game experience, because in the end are the games that make a console.

You say Wii is destroying everything, and in sales you may be right, but Wii is mostly a cheap console for casual gamers,

with most games which looks worst than GameCube games. The Wii games look bad compared to PS3 and 360, game-play is very simple and basic, physics, AI and sound is old generation; you call it a success ? it is, for all Nintendo fans and

casual gamers, but for me it is a failure, 'cause I don't care about sales, I don't care about Wii fit and Wii sport,

but I do care about real next gen games like Uncharted2, Mass Effect2, GOW3, Forza3, GT5, The Last Guardian, Alan Wake, etc

If you ask me, the loser of this generation in Wii, ' cause next fall both 360 and PS3 will have other real next gen games plus motion

control too with Move and Natal.  Don't ever come here again talking about shit when you have no idea and clue

about anything, shame on you.

How to get vgchartz wealth :

Tip 1 ~ Make a thread about fan boys, particularly PS3 fanboy....  and then watch the moneyz roll in  .

Skeeuk said:
JerzeeBalla said:

i think your missing the point.

wii is selling more than ps3, but ps3 has better games and is a better console.

if you prefer better sales fair enough, most on here prefer better games.

the best console is the one that gives the gamer the best games and best features, games are kinda comparable on ps360 and features wise ps3 is better, but i think overall ps3 will have the better games this gen.

judging from your post your obviously a little hurt!

then it's the Xbox360. 360 has the best amount of good games on the market, sorry to tell you that.

Feature wise, maybe. But do you really use your PS3 to put pictures on it? Or maybe going on the Internet? I doubt so. The only good feature on the PS3 is the Blu-Ray DVD, which is kinda "obvious" that Sony would have pushed that feature in their next console. The PS3 is the normal evolution of the PS2, with better graphics and better features. The Wii, on the other hand, defied the market and teased many gamers that were unsure about motion controls. In a certain way, the Wii has the best feature, which is motion control, because it is the console that initiates the movement.

But I think (and not only Sony fans) that everyone started to realize that this flame war is no longer useful. What I don't understand is the non recognition of the Wii as a leader of the market, and the recognition of the Wii as the pioneer of a revolutionnary way to play, motion controls.

Also, as a feature, the WiiWare service features probably some of the best games on the downloadable market and the Virtual Console features all those Nintendo classics that we love.

I have fun playing with my Wii, while my cousin have a PS3 and don't play it anymore after finishing a game. I'm playing my Wii everyday and I like it. But some people around here creates thread "RDR beats SMG2" and when I saw them, it kills my joy in a certain way. I feel like some people really hates this white little console because it is less powerful and has least good games.

But I think the social experience of the Wii beats every console this gen. As a console, the Wii brought me back to my roots, which is playing with my family and friends and simply have fun. I don't mind replaying the same games, there is such replay value in each Wii game. On the other hand, you'll get to pay $70 to get a 10-hours long game on the PS3.

And I don't understand why there is still idiot threads like that. We are in 2010, a year I think the Wii is getting excellent games all along the year, compared to the other 2 consoles.

But I do like the PS3, don't get me wrong. I just want everybody to respect each console and have constructive discussions between every fan.
=D