By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3, The Loser That The Fans Think Is Winning.

has more to do with ps1 and ps2 having been so damn successful has basically indoctrinated alot of gamers especially ones which grew up during the playstation generation and really dont know anything else.

and now that the ps3 is not doing as well as the other consoles its almost as if the floor dropped underneath them as a result they're basically resorting to defending the console. even more so early adopters which paid $500-$600 for a console really need to find reassurance with their purchase.

Around the Network
Kage848 said:
cura said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
cura said:
Kage848 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
axumblade said:
Internet Forums =/= Sales

Basically, what I am meaning by that is that most people who are gamers don't frequent video game websites. Generally each website has its own bias and this site seems to just happen to have PS3 fans. Looking at really old threads, it used to be 360 fans that owned this site.

Most of the xbox 360 fans left the site due to the overabundance of PS3 fans giving them a lot of bullshit to deal with. The Nintendo fans are still here, and quite prominent. If you make the wrong statement in a Nintendo thread, generally, only 1 person will tell you that you're wrong and will destroy you.

Are you reffering to me I kid I kid, I destroy anyone with a stupid statement no matter the type of thread LOL

Honestly you hit the nail on the head, this used to be a pretty pro Nintendo site with a ton of Nintendo fans soaking up the sales discussions cause it was awesome party time cause all the fans were fans since they were kids and this was the first gen in a while that Nintendo has been on top. 

Then it became obvious that the sales wouldn't stop, it cemented it's place as number 1, the discussions of PS3 somehow beating Wii were just proven wrong day in and day out because it was a mathmatical impossibility unless one console just stopped selling period and the other spiked like no console has ever done.

This in turn made things become redundant, many Nintendo fans left because it got boring.

Come in the new PS3 surge.  Many PS3 fans jumped on board because guess what! The PS3 is a moving and a shaking up the charts!  And it's well deserved despite the rocky start.  So of course PS3 fans want to visit the site and see the new software data and console sales, I think they take every little battle as a victory in some way, so sales are very interesting to them, when for others its kinda like "oh Halo sold a million?  Who woulda guessed?"  "Wii is still killing everyone in software?  Yeah same old song and dance since release". 

Believe it or not it's just because of entertainment, nerds like discussing their nerdy things, if something they like is doing well even if it's getting literally killed in comparison to something else, they're gonna cheer.  Hell I'd be lying if I didn't go FUCK YES when Mother 3 ended up on a few of the top games of the decade lists, sure it's killed in sales, it's killed in fanbase size, it's killed (in english) by its own company lol, but man do I love seeing other people enjoying something I flat out love.

So in short, yeah PS3 fans are praising right now, cause a lot moved to the site in 2008, now there's a lot of little battles being won, things are exciting again.

On a side note, I wish members on all sides would calm down on the whole "my game is better than your game" thing... it's really useless lol and probably the biggest thing that drives other members crazy and keeps our community from being as welcoming as it should be.

You are the man.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy that happens to own a enjoy PS3 games. I have even bought a new PS2, I wanted to get a new one b4 they stop making them, hey it's gatta be someday soon right? =0). Anyways.

Please PS3 fan. Be happy about your system, it really is great but also stop with this PS3 has better games BS. Thats what pisses me off the most. Please undestand that a lot of people have diffrent tastes. I'm as hardcore a game as there is and i hate UC2, Heavy Rain, GT series, ext...I'm ok with GoW, but I'm not paying $60 for it and I guess FF stuff is ok, ok at best. Point is my PS3 games are MLB10, Demon's Souls, White Knight Chronicles and stuff like that. But I enojoy the Wii games more. Monster Hunter Tri is SICK!

So anwways I guess my point is NO the PS3 DOES NOT have the best games. The 360 does not have the best game and the Wii does not have the best games. It all goes by the individual.

I know this is a Sony bashing thread but the hypocrisy in your post is deplorable.

LOL what?  This isn't a bashing thread, not really sure what gave you that idea, honestly its more or less a discussion of the community and how social groups of gamers act.  If this was a bashing thread I would have already locked it or moderated anyone that bashed Sony. 

Basically don't start anything, especially since this thread has been going rather smoothly, there's no reason to start fights now.

Of course it's a Sony bashing thread. Some people seem to believe that the claiming of ps3 games being superior to all other games is the exclusive domain of sony fanboys. The implicit message being that the ps3 fan base is somehow more contemptable than either the 360 or wii fan base. Really, people need to stop being so blind by only focusing on the fan base that ISN'T associated with their console of choice/preference. 

I have not read through all the posts in this thread. But please read mine again. I have in no way bashed the PS3. I only stated that I like Wii games better. How dar I say the Wii has better games than the PS3 right?

"I'm a Nintendo fanboy that happens to own a enjoy PS3 games"

"The 360 does not have the best game and the Wii does not have the best games. It all goes by the individual."

lol, you're accusing the ps3 fanbase of something that can equally be applied to either the 360 or wii fanbase. 

Myak-04 said:

Just go with the flow    .                       Lemons can't be carrots.......................... XD 

LOVE this comment. jajajaja!. just go with the flow.... jeje.

Skeeuk said:
JerzeeBalla said:

Excuse the thread title, I couldnt get what the topic is into words. 

My question is this. I have been registered here for a while now, but this is my first (and probably last) thread. In the last couple of months I have seen numerous complaints about the behavior of Sony/PS3 fans (or fanboys more specifically.) I thought about why people are so upset at Sony fans seemingly superhuman ability to ignore that its in 3rd place and continue to speak as if it is indeed winning the console war. Almost every thread I enter turns into a back and forth between a group of Sony enthusiasts, and a group of people who swear that this site is run by Sony Nazis and the mods dont care. 

I personally think, and this is based on no kind of factual evidence, that the behavior is irritating because the PS3 is the last place console. This kind of behavior was present last gen, just in reverse. XBox fans talked as if it was God's gift to gamers, even though it was utterly destroyed sales wise. Ditto for the Gamecube. Sony fans hated when those camps had the audacity to place their "pitiful" consoles in the same breath as the almighty PS2.

Jump to this gen, and everything is switched. The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

i think your missing the point.

wii is selling more than ps3, but ps3 has better games and is a better console in my opinion.

if you prefer better sales fair enough, most on here prefer better games.

the best console is the one that gives the gamer the best games and best features, games are kinda comparable on ps360 and features wise ps3 is better, but i think overall ps3 will have the better games this gen.

judging from your post your obviously a little hurt!

Fixed

everyone has different tastes mate.. other people might say otherwise

FACT - PS3 is winning because it has the best games

hahahha...oh boy!!!!

Around the Network

If ps3 came out a year before xbox 360 then it would also be leading in sales....nuff said.

@think-man

facts > IF's

luisgvm said:
Myak-04 said:

Just go with the flow    .                       Lemons can't be carrots.......................... XD 

LOVE this comment. jajajaja!. just go with the flow.... jeje.

XD Awesome, someone loves my random quotes of wisdom. 

All fanboys from all sides are annoying. It's just that there are more Sony fanboys here, and they are more annoying than any other type of fanboys.

Chrizum said:
All fanboys from all sides are annoying. It's just that there are more Sony fanboys here, and they are more annoying than any other type of fanboys.

Quoted for the truth, plenty more.... Instead of playing games in their amazing machine they are always in the forums, go figure.....

Anyways, the TITLE says it all, PS3 is loosing and the XBOX360 slim + Natal + Price drop + Gears of War 3 is just around the corner....