By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3, The Loser That The Fans Think Is Winning.

Tridrakious said:
Considering the PS3 has games like Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Resistance.

I would say PS3 fans have the right to openly defend the platform til they die. Reason. Sony has went WAY out of their way to support brand new IP that is actually worth something.

While we have those brand new experiences we also have Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, God of War, GTA and KillZone.

from what i've seen so far. sony and nintendo are more dedicated to there fan base when it comes to the quantity and quality of there first or second party IP's. not dissing microsoft, but you can see it for your selvies.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:
Considering the PS3 has games like Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Resistance.

I would say PS3 fans have the right to openly defend the platform til they die. Reason. Sony has went WAY out of their way to support brand new IP that is actually worth something.

While we have those brand new experiences we also have Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, God of War, GTA and KillZone.

from what i've seen so far. sony and nintendo are more dedicated to there fan base when it comes to the quantity and quality of there first or second party IP's. not dissing microsoft, but you can see it for your selvies.

yup

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Tridrakious said:

Sony and Nintendo just have more developmental power than Microsoft.

If Microsoft really wanted to make their own games they could build several studios, but they are content with making sure the competition doesn't get anything exclusive.

Also last time I checked. Nintendo wasn't really supporting their "fan base". If that was the case then we wouldn't have Wii Sports, Link's Crossbow Training, Wii Music, etc.

But Nintendo is less of an offender than Microsoft.

^Uh the Wii fanbase loves Wii Sports...

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

^^Wii Sports is the game that everybody wants to play when they get to my house... 3 years after!

But yeah, Nintendo is bad to their fanbase releasing it.... *sigh*

Around the Network
andremop said:
^^Wii Sports is the only game that everybody wants to play when they get to my house... 3 years after!

But yeah, Nintendo is bad to their fanbase releasing it.... *sigh*

Fixed.

Seriously, when I go to my Wii owning froends houses, I seem to be the only one that wants to play Metroid or RE4 for example.

PS: Popular first thread. Got it's owner some mucho VG dinero.

Same. When I go over to my friends house (about once every week). The only thing on the wii we play is Wii Sports Resort Basketball 3-point contest for about 30 minutes. That's it.

My friend at one time was a massive Nintendo fanboy, but then they launched the Wii and he waited a year to get one. He seems bored with it, til I mention the 3-point contest.

We play the Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast more than that though.

JerzeeBalla said:

The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

No it's not just you, LAIR is a perfect example of how Playstation people lie to themselves to make themselves feel better about it.