By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Edge Review: ModNation Racers

Severance said:
i don't understand their scoring thing, as if their reviews don't reflect on the scores at all.

on the mario one they talked about how its more of the same but good fun none the less then gave it a 10/10
on this one they're talking about new ideas and the game being solid , but they gave it a 8/10

do they throw a dice to make these scores ?

Wow you really need to read that review again...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

So.....

SMG2 does nothing new = 10/10, but
MNR is fresh, new, and innovative, and the gameplay is great = 8/10?

Oh well...it's just like Halo 3 vs MGS4. Great score, regardless, as they are one of the more hard to impress (well maybe not) reviewers out there

Naum said:
Severance said:
i don't understand their scoring thing, as if their reviews don't reflect on the scores at all.

on the mario one they talked about how its more of the same but good fun none the less then gave it a 10/10
on this one they're talking about new ideas and the game being solid , but they gave it a 8/10

i already did.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Naum said:
Severance said:

Haha, yeah it's funny how a lot of people only seem to have read the words 'doesn't define the genre' from that review, while ignoring the rest.

For those that did, that same sentence went on to say the game 'rolled it up and locked it away' (the genre). So according to them, it DOES redefine the genre, and even more, it goes far beyond that. And on top of it all the game apparently provides immaculate controls, fantastic music, and incredible (for Wii) graphics. It's a total package, with an abnormal amount of polish and fresh, new, and innovative ideas, while staying true to classic and critical elements of Mario games.

Modnation Racers is apparently a good game, with an excellent level-design element, but overall isn't as good as Galaxy 2. Just because a game features new ideas doesn't mean it's better, and even if it did, Galaxy 2 would be superior, because it clearly contains far more fresh, innovative and new ideas than MNR, which is, essentially, a Kart Racing game with a level editor. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means Edge likes Galaxy 2 better. And I can guarantee you here and now that the vast majority of reviewers will agree.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I was expecting a 7 / 10 from them ...

Luckily it wasn't.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

WOW EURO GAMER destroyed its meta score.. they gave it 4 7s..

mM
Severance said:

wtf.....bro.....you REALLY need to read that Mario review again.

Either way, Edge continues to prove that they hold opinions about  games, rather than attempting to reflect the mass market opinion, which puts them a step ahead in my book, and makes them one of the only useful revewers.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cheebee said:
Naum said:
Severance said:

Haha, yeah it's funny how a lot of people only seem to have read the words 'doesn't define the genre' from that review, while ignoring the rest.

For those that did, that same sentence went on to say the game 'rolled it up and locked it away' (the genre). So according to them, it DOES redefine the genre, and even more, it goes far beyond that. And on top of it all the game apparently provides immaculate controls, fantastic music, and incredible (for Wii) graphics. It's a total package, with an abnormal amount of polish and fresh, new, and innovative ideas, while staying true to classic and critical elements of Mario games.

Modnation Racers is apparently a good game, with an excellent level-design element, but overall isn't as good as Galaxy 2. Just because a game features new ideas doesn't mean it's better, and even if it did, Galaxy 2 would be superior, because it clearly contains far more fresh, innovative and new ideas than MNR, which is, essentially, a Kart Racing game with a level editor. Doesn't mean it's bad, just means Edge likes Galaxy 2 better. And I can guarantee you here and now that the vast majority of reviewers will agree.

Talk about Deja vu.

OMG!!!! EDGE GAVE A PS3 GAME A RELATIVELY GOOD SCORE!!!!!

This is the review from my currently most trusted review site, and they seem to love this game :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/06/review-modnation-racers/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!