By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Market Meltdown, Dow crashing!

Slimebeast said:
papflesje said:
Slimebeast said:
What's going on?

Short version: Greece is acting up. They have to save a ****load of money because they had been living above their level and now some people are actually burning down the country because they don't want to accept salary cuts to save the finances of the country...

lol

It's not really that funny considering people are dying and lives are being ruined.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:
Slimebeast said:
papflesje said:
Slimebeast said:
What's going on?

Short version: Greece is acting up. They have to save a ****load of money because they had been living above their level and now some people are actually burning down the country because they don't want to accept salary cuts to save the finances of the country...

lol

It's not really that funny considering people are dying and lives are being ruined.

It's called black humor, son.

Actually it's a little more complicated:Some people are actually burning down the country just for fun (hooligans) when others are doing peaceful courses because they don't want to accept salary cuts(proletariat) while some other people are becoming even richer by tax evasion, by working in the state(including politicians) and getting huge salaries for doing nothing etc.

Impressive how much chaos 11 million Greeks can cause.

I just hope that the people of Greece manage to seize this crisis as an opportunity to rebuild better institutions. Trying times like these are a great window for change, and there's not much else positive about them.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The guys betting against Greek and making a fortune are now laughing because they probably also bet against the Dow.

I would have to say burn them and all is good.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
hellraider said:

Actually it's a little more complicated:Some people are actually burning down the country just for fun (hooligans) when others are doing peaceful courses because they don't want to accept salary cuts(proletariat) while some other people are becoming even richer by tax evasion, by working in the state(including politicians) and getting huge salaries for doing nothing etc.

so is becoming my country

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Extremely glad the UK is not in the Euro. I was in favour of the Euro until Greece and the pound falling from ~1.50 to 1.10 against it.

The EU just expanded to quickly. It was a good idea with a solid foundation, but they just brought in to many country's whos economic culture were far to different.

The Dow closed -350, which considering it was down almost 1k early in the day isn't to bad.

Well it must be said that what's happening to the euro and to greece is the fault of Goldman Sachs as they were the company to approach Greece in 2000 offering to touch up their general fiscal results so that greece could enter the Euro zone more quickly. This procedure was carried out for a couple years and resembled what Enron did with their mark to market accounting scheme, only the other way around. Instead of adding in profits that may have not ever be realized Greece kept pushing some losses to future years so that they would be spotless in the short term.

The situation would ridiculously easy to handle if it were not for the Euro. Under normal circumstances Greece would have just devaluated their currency by some 40-50% and everything would be okay. Now they have to take the long hard way around the subject...all thanks to their impatience.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Thank God the UK isn't with the Euro

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~