By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what rpg do u feel got the shaft in sales and reviews, but u liked it ?

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Around the Network

Tales of Vesperia (then again at least as far as sales go, Namco isn't trying very hard).

On the fence about WKC. Don't think it's great but certainly not as bad as the aggregate score. It's still another publishing blunder though, they delayed the game for way way too long.

JPRGs got the shaft this gen as a rule. With very few of them having been great sellers in the first place, it's hard to be surprised at them underperforming with home consoles split three ways.

tales of vesperia...though namco could market it better and it did meet the sales they expected of it. though i wanted it to sale more

Although WKC was so-so, I still think it's underrated. But the sales are great.

Resonance of Fate, Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia.

Around the Network

Tales of Symphonia 2...best jrpg of this generation! I had so much fun beating the game 3 times, where as I am having trouble staying motivated enough to beat Final Fantasy 13 once!!

Everything by tri-Ace

@xxain, i agree completely with u on tri-ace games. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Ssenkahdavic said:

5. Riviera: The Promised Land

Just from this gen. If you want to go with last gen...all my top 5 would be from then :)

Riviera was originally released in 2004 for the Gameboy Advance.  Definitely not this gen.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

5. Riviera: The Promised Land

Just from this gen. If you want to go with last gen...all my top 5 would be from then :)

Riviera was originally released in 2004 for the Gameboy Advance.  Definitely not this gen.

Still released this gen on the PSP.  Updated version is updated and it still deserved a good deal more (both in reviews and sales) than it received.