By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what rpg do u feel got the shaft in sales and reviews, but u liked it ?

johnappseed84 said:
I would say Final Fantasy XIII.

Sold great and has great reviews, not sure how that applies to the topic at hand!!

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
johnappseed84 said:
I would say Final Fantasy XIII.

Sold great and has great reviews, not sure how that applies to the topic at hand!!

It only has a metacritic score in the low 8's. And that qualifies it as being shafted since it's an FF game. I did read Dave Halverson's review of it yesterday and he gave it a 10 out of 10 which is pretty close to accurate.

Lost Odyssey and White Knight Chronicles...the fact that I enjoyed these more than FFXIII says a lot

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Lost Odyssey for sure. It was ridiculously underrated and remains my favourite RPG of this gen. Also resonance of Fate was also shafted by its sales but that's only because of its terrible release date and Sega's piss poor marketing of the game

Demon's Souls. It should be even higher. So refreshingly hard.

Around the Network

ooo I remember Parasite eve 1 + 2

Any Dragon Quest
Any Fire Emblem
Any Suikoden
Any DS RPG I played

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Lost Odyssey

lost odyssey is a game that did get really shafted by reviews and sales. its my all time favorite rpg ever. i think it should be over 2 million +, hopefully a sequel can help with this and also more marketing by m$.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

1. Lost Odyssey
2. Infinite Undiscovery
3. Tales of Vesperia
4. Star Ocean 4
5. Brave Story New Traveler