By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd party support 4 the wii is it 2 late

I actually tend to agree with the thesis. Sad, but what's to be done?

Around the Network

For third parties, it might be late for the stragglers; those who refuse to support the Wii with at least some quality (THQ, Activision port-jobs, EA only has Tiger Woods, etc) but most of them have come around.

Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, Konami (a little), Namco Bandai, and especially poor XSEED Games have either joined the Wii bandwagon or steadily supported it. Now, at least most of them are reaping the benefits. Disney is on the way, and after this E3/end of 2010, the Wii's software fate will be sealed, and every genre worth playing will be covered except for probably one: Simulation Racing (Gran Turismo/Forza).

If a person cannot find a game that they like on the Wii, or still state that the library isn't good enough, they just outright hate it, can never see past today's minimal graphical milestones and never will have wanted it to begin with.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

*plays MH3 ignoring every single HD game but Demon's Souls 2*

I have played many cool 3d party games in my wii but indeed it could be better but the only blame here are 3d parties who ignored the wii while makin idiotic jokes and immature excuses. And they still don't learn.

For example, why release another "chronicles" resident evil game if RE gamers wanted a 3d person game in their wiis? they have been very vocal and yet Capcom went blind and deaf and released a game nobody wanted and of course that was reflected on sales. Instead of checking what went wrong they just point fingers and made a tantrum. That just shows that 3d parties are incredible arrogant and disconnected from reality.

LIke someone said it is different, not worse nor better. Wii has more arcade values from the classic games than the cinematic ones from the last 2 generations.

Wii has great games from both 1st and 3d parties. Shovelware? there was TONS of shovelware on the PS2 and nobody cried, why now they do?

It's never too late.. Just look at Monster Hunter Tri.

However, Wii will never get as good 3rd party support as it deserves. At least the next Nintendo console will probably have much better 3rd party support, since not everyone will think it is dead on arrival like they did with the Wii.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
You're certainly not alone. My son is in the same boat and so are many of his friends. You can't put a game like Red Steel 2 on Wii without multiplayer and online and expect anyone to pick it up. Even I who spents 90% of my game time on the Wii would sooner buy a 360 game over RS2 as RS2 no matter how good it is, is not a full featured product worthy of a full price tag.
Same with Dead Space Extraction. If it was a full Dead Space 3rd person horror/shooter like RE4 I'd have bought it like RE4. As it is now, I've not picked it up even half price because I have enough on-rails shooters already.

MH3 I have, and I hope it does really well because it's the first truly AAA 3rd party game to come to Wii.

Is it too late? No, Wii is the market leader and a lot of people, yourself included, own Wiis. If the games come out, people will buy. Either way, Wii has won this generation.

That just completely blows my mind that Wii, the market leader and possibily to become the best selling console of all time, only has one truly AAA 3rd party game. Something is really screwed up in this industry...

Someone else painted the picture perfectly. Its more different then inferior. It all comes down to personal taste in the end. My taste leans more to the Wii side, as do many others, and the same can be said about the HD twins. If you honestly cant find a 3rd party game on the console that you like, then you just arent looking hard enough.

And to the RE comment, Darkside Chronicles has sold over 500k copies at a 50 dollar price tag. Im almost certain that capcom isnt mad. That game will hit a million in its lifetime and will just be a slow burner for them. Why do people complain so much about rail titles on the Wii but give the copy cat fps titles on the hd twins a pass? Funny that you can have more fun with a good rail shooter then you can with even the best fps titles on the hd twins. A good game is a good game regardless of genre

It may be too late for the Wii, but games like Monster Hunter Tri are showing that Nintendo will probably be getting better third party support for their next system.

*checks for proper spelling*

*clicks on Post*

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

younghavok said:
My Wii gets more play then my hd console. And the fps titles on it are funner then the hd twins. At least imo. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is funner and more challenging then CoD MW. The 3rd party support is great for me, cant speak for anybody else. I have plenty to play and even more that I havent caught up on. My Wii is the funner console, and that is why I game in the first place. I swear that to this day no game on any other console in history has brought me in as much as Prime 3 Corruption. THE most engaging game ever made. You are Samus, and that is something only possible on Wii.

The great thing about the Wii that alot of people seem to ignore or not realize is that its based more on skill then either of the HD twins. Most of those titles (fps especially) hold your hand through out with that lock on crap. On a Wii fps you live and die by your reflexes. Try that rambo crap in Medal of Honor or Conduit and see how fast you get killed. Same with RE4 and the many rail shooters where its more based on your skill level then anything else. I know its cliche, but it really is gameplay first with the Wii. I can accept that. The hd visual dont impress me anymore so there biggest selling point is moot in my book. But this is all just my opinion

You have obviously never played Killzone 2 or Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.