By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii: "Expect Surprises"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Structure of any Zelda game:

1. Princess/Hyrule is in peril.
2. Brave warrior uses bravery to remedy said peril.
3. Moves from dungeon to dungeon gaining new abilities which unlock next dungeon, fights boss in each one. Dungeons are puzzle based with intermittent fighting.
4. Gather trophy/triforce at end of each dungeon, in order to join at end of game to help with ending peril/evil/ect.
5. Overworld is used to travel between dungeons, interact with NPCs and stores, and to explore using said abilities to unlock special items, including maps, bottles to carry things, spells, heart containers, heart pieces, and magical increases. Overworld is occasionally transversable in more than one way, including vehicles, animals, and on foot.

Majora's Mask broke up the formula to a degree, by adding time as a variable, and giving you a central hub style overworld, rather than an open one.

Majora's Mask is about as small of a change in the formula as one would expect, and even that small of a change made the game vastly different. Let's hope Nintendo does something at least as gamechanging as they did in MM.

I wouldn't complain about that. But please don't add that MM time-limit thing again. It's one of my least favorite zeldas because of that and ONLY because of that.

I hate time limits in games - except for the metroid's ocasional escape from base in 2 minutes scenes

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Structure of any Zelda game:

1. Princess/Hyrule is in peril.
2. Brave warrior uses bravery to remedy said peril.
3. Moves from dungeon to dungeon gaining new abilities which unlock next dungeon, fights boss in each one. Dungeons are puzzle based with intermittent fighting.
4. Gather trophy/triforce at end of each dungeon, in order to join at end of game to help with ending peril/evil/ect.
5. Overworld is used to travel between dungeons, interact with NPCs and stores, and to explore using said abilities to unlock special items, including maps, bottles to carry things, spells, heart containers, heart pieces, and magical increases. Overworld is occasionally transversable in more than one way, including vehicles, animals, and on foot.

Majora's Mask broke up the formula to a degree, by adding time as a variable, and giving you a central hub style overworld, rather than an open one.

Majora's Mask is about as small of a change in the formula as one would expect, and even that small of a change made the game vastly different. Let's hope Nintendo does something at least as gamechanging as they did in MM.

When the creators of Zelda talk about changing up the Zelda formula, they're mostly talking about changing up the gameplay formula.  Most people like to focus on the idea of them changing the story (aka steampunk/future Zelda) or that they'll be making some new character or something.  But this is the opposite of how they work on the Zelda series.  Miyamoto has made it clear from the beginning, the focus for Zelda (and really any Nintendo series) is to focus on the gameplay first, and then create a story and setting around that.  So the idea that it'll focus on the 'trinity' (Zelda/Ganon/Link) and have dungeons/Overworld is pretty much a given.

The only time they didn't do this was with Twilight Princess.  And as a result, they got a mixed reception for the finished game, eventhough they were trying to create a game 'bigger and better than Ocarina of Time'.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Give me Zelda in first person perspective RIGHT NOW!!!!

After playing Red Steel 2 I feel it should be obligatory that EVERY game released from now on must be in first person persective with 1:1 swordplay! ;oP

I don't want a 1st person zelda ;_;

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I can't wait any longer. Nintendo's e3 is going to rock their socks off. Anyhing esle is up in the air.

Around the Network

It's obviously going to take place in a highly advanced futuristic city.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Khuutra said:
DavidValbu said:
Expect Surprises: "Ok, remember we told you Zelda would be released this year 2010? Ok, it is not truth anymore, we will launch it for Chritsmas 2011!!!!!"

That shit ain't funny, McGee.

Heheheh.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Imphamis said:

Ugh. God no. It was already bad they added trains..I cannot imagine how dumb will be with sci fi crap.

Bobbuffalo said:
Imphamis said:

Ugh. God no. It was already bad they added trains..I cannot imagine how dumb will be with sci fi crap.

I was joking if you didn't know. That comment was actually a reference to an old popular rumor

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Imphamis said:

Lol, really, that would suck ass... or it may be cool if they give link a huge sword and a bunch of rebels to help him so they can destroy an evil corporation, oh wait!...