By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game had the worst story of all time?

Red Steel 2 .. the story never went no where lol

Around the Network

SaviorX has the right idea. Most stories in games don't claim to be anything more than icing on a cake.

On that note, I'll have to nominate killer7. The story is so convoluted that Suda51 even created a book to shed light on it (Hand in killer7). Only through discussion of that book can I now claim to understand the BASIC plot.

woopah said:
Tetris has a story

it's about a spceship

Wasn't that Arkanoid (Vaus)?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

For the games where the story was definitely a central part in the game, my pick is definitely Dragon Quest VIII, it was definitely the most cliche ridden and boring story I've ever seen

I think the title goes to an online game by the name of Soldat. The story, as lifted verbatim from the manual:

" It's Quake style:
A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them."

At least they're honest about having nothing more than an excuse plot.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Crysis.

"Here you go, cool, badass US soldier. Take this gear that no one else in the entire world could produce the likes of (certainly not Russians or Koreans) and kill the evil, invading aliens." Insert flat, shameful dialogue and scenes so predictable you might as well read the guide through first and the experience is complete (hogwash).

So cheesy you could actually eat it on your bread.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Series.

Easy!

MGS2 - the most convoluted piece of shit story in the history of all medias! They must be so proud to achieve that!

huaxiong90 said:

Edit: Well **** me for not reading the person you quoted. Still, I think people are being a bit TOO harsh on MGS4.

Maybe.

Then again, MGS4 cutscenes are some of the few things in gaming that made me physically sick just from watching them. To me, they prove that Kojima shouldn't be allowed to write a post-it note without at least three editors anymore, let alone a full game. Ugh - even thinking about that crap is making me nauseous.

Guess I'm not a big enough Metal Gear fan.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

probably MGS series...or pac-man

Mummelmann said:
Crysis.

"Here you go, cool, badass US soldier. Take this gear that no one else in the entire world could produce the likes of (certainly not Russians or Koreans) and kill the evil, invading aliens." Insert flat, shameful dialogue and scenes so predictable you might as well read the guide through first and the experience is complete (hogwash).

So cheesy you could actually eat it on your bread.

Wow, that's pretty bad. And I hate cheesy bread!