By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Help me become a PC gaming nerd

Mutedperson said:

thats the inside of my case

Hey, you got the same case as me!!

OT: I recommend Morrowind a thousand times over, it's one of the greats (be patient though, sometimes it will seem unfair and harsh).

I also recommend The Orange Box, as it is the best purchase I have ever made relative to the money I spent on it.

Around the Network

Blizzard games, any of them.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 is very fun.

Guild Wars is fun.

I LOVE ICELAND!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1) Start from the beginning. Go download DOSBox so you can emulate all the really old games that are impossible to find or purchase anywhere.

2) Get StarCraft. You could play it for 12 years like they did in Korea. It's really cheap and amazing.

3) Get a Steam account and see what they have for free or on sale. Right now you can get GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, The Lost and the Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony, and Manhunt, Bully, and some other Rock Star stuff, all in a super Rock Star package for $43. They also have some cool free and/or really cheap indie games.

4) Get The Orange Box. Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2. IT'S THE BEXT!

This will run even on my PC:

AMD Athlon X2 4400+

1.75 GB RAM

ATi Radeon x1250

Shouldn't be too much of a problem for you OP. And at least you can run StarCraft:

Windows 95/98/NT
Pentium 90 or higher
16 MB RAM
DirectX-Compatible SVGA Video Card
Microsoft-Compatible Mouse
Double-Speed CD-ROM
(Quad Speed for Cinematics)