By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I knew it Nintendo is evil. They hate the enviroment.

Lingyis said:
they probably didn't really have the personnel to respond in a timely manner, but no matter, nintendo definitely should have responded.

Why should they have responded? Green Peace isn't some government regulated bureau. Nintendo already has to adhear to many government environmental regulations. They don't have to answer to damn hippies.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Ah, the good old Greenpeace (maybe green peas would be better word to describe those vegetables), it always makes my bloodpressure rise. It was indeed a good thing, that the french sunked their rusty old pollutive boat.

Don't get me wrong, i'm generally an evinronmental person, although i don't support the destruction of mankind or shoot at nuclear power plants.
Fucking terrorists.

That had nothing to do with the topic, i just wanted to say what i think of GP.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

on the other hand, it's equally bad, if not worse, that GreenPeace decides to give them a zero. this is equally irresponsible from their part--feels like a power struggle, in that they try to show Nintendo what they can do instead of actually educating consumers and providing a fair assessment of environmental impact.

sensationalism--that's what they're going for. too bad really.

ps. actually, not quite sensationalism.  i give up trying to come up with a word to describe green peace. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

mancandy said:
Lingyis said:
they probably didn't really have the personnel to respond in a timely manner, but no matter, nintendo definitely should have responded.

Why should they have responded? Green Peace isn't some government regulated bureau. Nintendo already has to adhear to many government environmental regulations. They don't have to answer to damn hippies.

well, it can't hurt, can it?  that's what a company should do if it has good PR, and that's the whole point.

at its heart nintendo isn't an electronics company, but for a company of that caliber it's no excuse.

the Wii is an epidemic.

wow, look at GP's wording:

"Nintendo completely fails to show any environmental credentials"

so carefully worded.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

@Lingyis

What could it hurt? They gave into the demands of damn hippies!!!

Just out of curiosity, where did you guys find the information supporting Green Peace asking Nintendo about this whole thing? All I found from reports were links to Nintendo's FAQ website, so I am kinda curious.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Lingyis said:

on the other hand, it's equally bad, if not worse, that GreenPeace decides to give them a zero. this is equally irresponsible from their part--feels like a power struggle, in that they try to show Nintendo what they can do instead of actually educating consumers and providing a fair assessment of environmental impact.

sensationalism--that's what they're going for. too bad really.

ps. actually, not quite sensationalism.  i give up trying to come up with a word to describe green peace. 

I would think Greenpeace tried to give a fair assessment of Nintendo by asking for information, and were thus denied the opportunity to do so.  Greenpeace is only making what information they have available to the public so they can make a decision for themselves.  Nintendo should have understood the ramifications of their decision not to give Greenpeace information.

Snufft said:

I would think Greenpeace tried to give a fair assessment of Nintendo by asking for information, and were thus denied the opportunity to do so.  Greenpeace is only making what information they have available to the public so they can make a decision for themselves.  Nintendo should have understood the ramifications of their decision not to give Greenpeace information.

Hahaha....you made it sound like people listen to Greenpeace.

mancandy said:
Snufft said:

Hahaha....you made it sound like people listen to Greenpeace.

Wasn't really my intention....I was just responding to a post that made it sound like people listen to greenpeace.