By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Launch Trailer. Wow. Absolute Wow. GOTY?

leo, I agree with you, it was the smug 'One comment even states GOTY contender. Funny enough only 2 games this year have ha comments like that from reviews. Mass Effect 2 and now Alan Wake' comment that got everyone going, which is blatantly wrong

Around the Network
selnor said:
iWarMachine said:
Selnor.... if you want to avoid all this bullshit, try to not write your opinion on the OP, because you know that this will turn into a shitstorm, even if you don't want...

comments like, "AW owned SH and RE" (like, SERIOUSLY?!? you didn't even play the game!!!) or "GOTY?" in every thread yours....you've to keep them to yourself, or not in the presentation of the thread.

I can accept your comment, and it would be a viable thing. But for one problem. Noone bar 1 or 2 posts has even commented on my opinion about SH and Resi. Instead they have taken my question to you guys as readers and said that was my opinion. I mean what the hell?

One poster even said I am saying Alan Wake has the best ever graphics in the OP. Now where the hell do I even mention graphics or even refer to it? I cant help but know there are alot here, who had no intention but to troll. And I request a mod to read the entire thread. Notice I apologise when I am wrong. Several times to. But when the loads of people in this threa are wrong and twist it entirely, they dont apologise but continue to troll. Some people have no self respect or respect for others. Or they just hide nehind their PC screens.

i understand, and i can see that some people have no respect for others.

BUT! ( <---there's always one, LOL ) you can't deny you have mentioned in countless threads before that AW has the best graphics ever (even in the AW tech Video recently posted) and since this trailer shows nothing more but presentation, people 1st thought is that you're basing your opinion of ,SH & RE being owned, in just graphics, this is why you always have to be careful with the words you choose for an OP, because, there's a lot of haters out there.

AND! ( ^^ ) about the GOTY discussion, again, even if it's a GOTY contender just like the trailers says...you're making it sound like it is a GOTY just based on this trailer... which, again, it's focused on Presentation. and then again, this shows you how careful you've to be choosing words for an OP. (<--- i learnt this in GameTrailers =P that site it's a constant flamewar)

IMO, you clearly are a 360 fan, but you show respect when you're discussing, even if your opinion will remain unchanged, you've arguments to back up your opinion.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Euphoria14 said:
Severance said:
Euphoria14 said:

Sorry Selnor for derailing your thread, but at least we aren't attacking you right?

didn't you ban me once for derailing?!! =/

I would absolutely LOVE to know how I banned you. Do tell.

okay look at your name now look at me, now look at your name now back to me.

you have probably banned me using your ingame mod editor.

your mod color turned into white after it was blue!

i'm on a hearse.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

leo-j said:
Euphoria14 said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

The OP is twisted in itself.. I understand you like ALAN WAKE and are hyped up for it, but to say " WOW GOTY, DESTROYS RE AND SH" based on a trailer isn't too smart.

Then you decided to go on and say "How funny only AW and ME have been touted as GOTY contenders by Reviewers" when other games like GOW III and heck even HEAVY RAIN have been called GOTY contenders by many reviewers. Then you decide to say "OUT OF PITY, AND WHEN DID A HACK AND SLASH EVER WIN GOTY" how aren't you going to get people to attack you with comments like that?

Oh man. I didnt say it was GOTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP says GOTY? That is asking you. Man, you know what. There are many people here who will never get any form of apology again. It's clear that you and several others are here to cause a shitstorm.

1. You dont accept apolgies of any form.

2. YOu choose to say I stated AW was GOTY when I clearly am asking you as the reader. Not asking for an attack.

In your opinion it is GOTY, because if it wasn't you wouldn't even put that in the thread title. Also ever since the start of the year, you have been touting ALAN WAKE as an easy GOTY winner in many threads before so why wouldn't people assume you are saying it's going to be GOTY

Even if he did, what's the problem? 

He is excited for the game, so is CGI-Quality and many others. Let him be excited and just give your take on the trailer and nothing more. No need to make a big deal because you don't agree with his opinion, which he is entitled to.

I think 3D Dot Game Heroes is GoTY, is that wrong?

You predicted PS3 wouldn't drop below 120k WW last year and ended up being wrong, no big deal. He may predict AW to be GoTY 2010 and end up being wrong, but once again, no big deal.

Just drop it.

There is no problem, I just disagree.. and wtf is wrong with you attacking ME? WHEN HE IS THE ONE THAT STARTED THIS ARGUEMENT? This argument came about when he said things like: "ITS FUNNY HOW ALAN WAKE AND MASS EFFECT 2 HAVE ONLY BEEN TOUTED GOTY CONTENDERS BY REVIEWERS" , "THEY SAID THAT TO GOW III PROBABLY OUT OF PITY" and "WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A HACK AND SLASH GAME EVER WON GOTY". Then guess what I argued my point that GOW DID WIN GOTY, and that GOW III was touted a GOTY contender, and now I get attacked by you and other posters for it? I am just pointing out what selnor is doing that is causing him to be attacked like this. Selnor constantly posts threads like "FORZA IS GRAPHICS KING" "ALAN WAKE IS GRAPHICS KING" etc.. yes it is his opnion, but this is a forum, and it's made to argue opinion, if that wasn't allowed it would be DEAD.

Edit-

Wow, my whole reply didn't even post and I am too busy drinking to try to think of what it was and type it out again.

Just so you know though, I am not really attacking you, I am just letting you know that the argument will just lead to an even more boring thread of people attacking people about an opinion instead of how awesome the trailer is and how this game will be a great addition to anyones 360 collection.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Severance said:
Euphoria14 said:
Severance said:
Euphoria14 said:

Sorry Selnor for derailing your thread, but at least we aren't attacking you right?

i'm on a hearse.

Nice "The Hero Your Hero Could Be" impersonation.

By the way, my name was never blue and even if it was I am sure I couldn't ban you unless I was Mod or Admin.

Were you ever at Qj.net forums? If so then I definitely could have banned you at some point.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Sambo2612 said:
leo, I agree with you, it was the smug 'One comment even states GOTY contender. Funny enough only 2 games this year have ha comments like that from reviews. Mass Effect 2 and now Alan Wake' comment that got everyone going, which is blatantly wrong

Everyone that even types this gets reported now. I have already apologised for this. But this isnt what got the thread going like this. It's the attacks that I said AW was GOTY, and I didnt. So get your facts straight.

EVERYONE JUST STFU AND LEAVE

lolz, not worth getting worked up or banned. Just chillax, enter a new thread.

(Especially you, severance, you are out of control!)

Those graphics are damn good though. Especially that water.

Euphoria14 said:
Severance said:
Euphoria14 said:
Severance said:
Euphoria14 said:

i'm on a hearse.

Nice "The Hero Your Hero Could Be" impersonation.

By the way, my name was never blue and even if it was I am sure I couldn't ban you unless I was Mod or Admin.

Were you ever at Qj.net forums? If so then I definitely could have banned you at some point.

i guess its someone else , i had this wall of quotes and i got warned (and without me noticing the warning) and banned after i continued doing it

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Hey Selnor, what in your opinion is THE BEST Alan Wake trailer?

Point me to it.

I am still staring at the water in your sig and want to watch a trailer.

Currently playing: