By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Launch Trailer. Wow. Absolute Wow. GOTY?

CGI-Quality said:
Hynad said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
whatever said:
selnor said:
whatever said:
And you wonder why people here don't take you seriously.

Well lets be honest. It's only the opposite fanboys who cry.

MY comments are fully justified. Or did you miss the fantastic comments in the trailer from IGN and other reviews. Sigh. Instead of moaning buy a 360 so you can play it.

We just went through this with you and Forza 3.  OMGZ, the greatest thing ever, GOTY, blah, blah, blah.  Basically, any 360 exclusive gets the same treatment.  It's rather predictable and boring.  If you would at least wait unitl you've played it, you might get a little more respect from everyone.  I'm sure after this come out and doesn't do as well as you predict, you'll quickly move to Halo:Reach.

1. You clearly missed the ? after GOTY in the title. Thats point one.

2. Point 1 nullifies anything youve just typed.

3. Reach probably will win GOTY. No Halo has ever not won GOTY yet. And Reach looks by far the greatest Halo game concieveed.

Halo 3 didn't win GOTY in 2007, Bioshock did. ODST didn't win GOTY in 2009, Uncharted 2 did.

I've already covered all of this. :P

^_-

Didn't feel like skimming through this entire place.

Hey CGI. Yeah we all been there. With about 1000 apologies from me to. Dont ask either. Just read the tread. Anyways from here on in we will try and stay on topic. It got really ugly quickly.

Around the Network

Yep, so much for staying on topic. It's just another GOTY list pissing contest. I'm so sick of this crap.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I'm pretty sure that ME2 will GOTY of 2010 from critics.

My personal GoTY is FFXIII so far. But damn ME2 was good. May give this a try, depends on if I want to spend the money or not.

The gameplay is also the part where I'm not fully convinced.

Visually, they have me. A good atmosphere in a game is very good and can keep you hooked for a single playthrough. But it usually fades over subsequent playthroughs.  So will the game have enough to offer to warrant a purchase over a rent?

So far, the many videos don't really show much diversity when it comes to gameplay, which is the reason why I'm a bit concerned.

Bringing the thread back to topic. It's a nice launch trailer and hopefully MS will make sure advertisements reach the mainstream media, I'm always disappointed when when a high quality game doesn't get a couple primetime commercial spots right before and during it's launch week.

Around the Network

oh right! about the trailer, looks awesome, i hope great sales for this game! it deserves them! hopefully it'll sell like Heavy Rain.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Hyyyyyyypppeeee x 10!

Attacking Selnor posts should be bannable. Yes he uses a lot of hyperbole, yes it is occasionally annoying, but goddamn people, get over yourselves.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

On a somewhat unrelated note, I am sure by now you guys must have noticed the Alan Wake ads on the site. It might just be my eyes, but the Alan Wake character in those ads does not quite look like the one in the trailers and screenshots; face not clothing.

First day for me.... It's a bit early but it certainly has a chance for game of the year.

And Mass Effect will be the RPG of the year.

Those trailers are siiiiick. This is the first game on the 360 that I've really wanted to play. Hmm... gotta find a way to play it.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes