By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Launch Trailer. Wow. Absolute Wow. GOTY?

Oh my God. See the comments from reviewers. Resident Evil and Silent Hill just got owned me thinks.

EDIT: Please note. Opposite fanboyswill do well to notice the ? in the OP. and also the fact the statement made thereafter is My opinion.

It seems some people have no eyesite. To help those who have no idea. Here.

"In the English language, the question mark (?), also known as an interrogation point, interrogation mark, question point, query,[1] or eroteme, is a punctuation mark that replaces the Full stop at the end of an interrogative sentence. It can also be used mid-sentence to mark a merely interrogative phrase, where it functions similarly to a comma, such as in the single sentence "Where shall we go? and what shall we do?", but this usage is increasingly rare. The question mark is not used for indirect questions. The question mark character is also often used in place of missing or unknown data."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_mark

Around the Network

How did they get owned? The trailer is good but it's not THAT amazing that it destroys RE and SH..

mM

we will see when the game actually comes out, the same thing has been said about every game to come out this gen, only U2, GOW 3, and a few others actually delivered on everything.

have you ever considered going in the PR buisness?~~

LOL at the stiffness at 0:16. Characters still look like dolls. And the ground texture at 1:08 is pretty low res...

Other than that, looks good. I'm hyped for it, at the very least.

@Selnor, it is really annoying to see how everything you post has to be in comparison with other products.  It seems like a game can never be good on its own.  It always has to be better than something else, and most often than not from the competitors.  ¬_¬

Around the Network

I still think SCII is the strongest contender for overall goty. However, this looks fucking epic!! Better than Silent Hill? No doubt. Better than Resident Evil 5? As a horror game, yes, RE5 is more an action than anything else and no part was even remotely scary imo.

This is a game that I've been waiting for for years! I just pray that they'll release a bundle in Europe, it'll be a truly magnificent purchase!

I see these videos on VGChartz/youtube/gametrailers and I think, "Meh. That looks pretty good."

A few days later, I download them to my 360 and watch them on my TV. I think, "Man, this looks awesome!"

So now that I've watched this trailer on VGChartz and I'm thinking "Man, this looks awesome!", what will I say when I have this trailer (or the actual game) running on my 360? I'm excited just thinking about it!!

d21lewis said:
I see these videos on VGChartz/youtube/gametrailers and I think, "Meh. That looks pretty good."

A few days later, I download them to my 360 and watch them on my TV. I think, "Man, this looks awesome!"

So now that I've watched this trailer on VGChartz and I'm thinking "Man, this looks awesome!", what will I say when I have this trailer (or the actual game) running on my 360? I'm excited just thinking about it!!

There are now three people in this thread with an erection. Guess which?

leo-j said:
How did they get owned? The trailer is good but it's not THAT amazing that it destroys RE and SH..

The comments from IGN, Gamespot etc in the trailer. Gives the impression of 94+ meta. One comment even states GOTY contender. Funny enough only 2 games this year have ha comments like that from reviews. Mass Effect 2 and now Alan Wake.

Another comment stated it one-ups TV. I really cant wait to play this. Especially the tech of the engine. That was goddamn the best video Ive seen on tech for consoles.

And you wonder why people here don't take you seriously.