By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Launch Trailer. Wow. Absolute Wow. GOTY?

Euphoria14 said:
Hynad said:
Euphoria14 said:
By the way, the water in AW looks absolutely fantastic, but can it beat the ultra realism of the water in 3D Dot Game Heroes? O_o

Of course it can.

Preposterous!

Yeah I agree. According to Teletext 3DDGH has the best graphics ever.

@Boutros

Don't get it twisted my friend, I might be trashed right now but I am actually really excited for Red Dead Redemption. I am a big fan of westerns, even ones like Young Guns. The idea of an open world game set in the old west gets me very excited and I may end up giving R* my money.

Unless of course I choose to use my B-Day Gamestop card on ModNation Racers. It is so hard to choose when your gaming funds takes a huge hit after having a kid. I need to think now before buying...

It sucks...

That's awesome then!

But I'm sorry for you that you had a baby :(

:P

Around the Network
selnor said:
leo-j said:

The OP is twisted in itself.. I understand you like ALAN WAKE and are hyped up for it, but to say " WOW GOTY, DESTROYS RE AND SH" based on a trailer isn't too smart.

Then you decided to go on and say "How funny only AW and ME have been touted as GOTY contenders by Reviewers" when other games like GOW III and heck even HEAVY RAIN have been called GOTY contenders by many reviewers. Then you decide to say "OUT OF PITY, AND WHEN DID A HACK AND SLASH EVER WIN GOTY" how aren't you going to get people to attack you with comments like that?

Oh man. I didnt say it was GOTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP says GOTY? That is asking you. Man, you know what. There are many people here who will never get any form of apology again. It's clear that you and several others are here to cause a shitstorm.

1. You dont accept apolgies of any form.

2. YOu choose to say I stated AW was GOTY when I clearly am asking you as the reader. Not asking for an attack.

In your opinion it is GOTY, because if it wasn't you wouldn't even put that in the thread title. Also ever since the start of the year, you have been touting ALAN WAKE as an easy GOTY winner in many threads before so why wouldn't people assume you are saying it's going to be GOTY

mM
leo-j said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

The OP is twisted in itself.. I understand you like ALAN WAKE and are hyped up for it, but to say " WOW GOTY, DESTROYS RE AND SH" based on a trailer isn't too smart.

Then you decided to go on and say "How funny only AW and ME have been touted as GOTY contenders by Reviewers" when other games like GOW III and heck even HEAVY RAIN have been called GOTY contenders by many reviewers. Then you decide to say "OUT OF PITY, AND WHEN DID A HACK AND SLASH EVER WIN GOTY" how aren't you going to get people to attack you with comments like that?

Oh man. I didnt say it was GOTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP says GOTY? That is asking you. Man, you know what. There are many people here who will never get any form of apology again. It's clear that you and several others are here to cause a shitstorm.

2. YOu choose to say I stated AW was GOTY when I clearly am asking you as the reader. Not asking for an attack.

In your opinion it is GOTY, because if it wasn't you wouldn't even put that in the thread title. Also ever since the start of the year, you have been touting ALAN WAKE as an easy GOTY winner in many threads before so why wouldn't people assume you are saying it's going to be GOTY

Um am I talking to a brick wall? It's in the title because it was in the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait did you watch the trailer, or bloody just troll instead?

And your wrong Leo. I have never touted AW as GOTY!. Ive said it will be best graphics so far, but have never said Game Of The Year. Why are you trolling like this?

Boutros said:
Euphoria14 said:
Hynad said:
Euphoria14 said:
By the way, the water in AW looks absolutely fantastic, but can it beat the ultra realism of the water in 3D Dot Game Heroes? O_o

Of course it can.

Preposterous!

Yeah I agree. According to Teletext 3DDGH has the best graphics ever.

@Boutros

Don't get it twisted my friend, I might be trashed right now but I am actually really excited for Red Dead Redemption. I am a big fan of westerns, even ones like Young Guns. The idea of an open world game set in the old west gets me very excited and I may end up giving R* my money.

Unless of course I choose to use my B-Day Gamestop card on ModNation Racers. It is so hard to choose when your gaming funds takes a huge hit after having a kid. I need to think now before buying...

It sucks...

That's awesome then!

But I'm sorry for you that you had a baby :(

:P

Of course it is awesome. I was checking the trailer today for the RDR multiplayer and that shit is kick ass. Looks like a ton of fun and it almost sold me today.

I know this is a nitpick that I am a bit upset that the game is early 1900's but I would have liked to be a bit earlier, maybe 1870's between 1890's. Why? I have no clue, I just felt a bit upset when I saw "Early 1900's". That was right when the whole cowboy thing was dying out.

I want the times when being the cowboy outlaw was THE most badass god damn thing a man could do!

Either way the game is going to be amazing and I hope they hit the sales needed to make profit and give us a new game later on down the road. 

Not enough old western set games out there.

And don't feel sorry that I had a baby, she is great and I finally learned to get my spending habits in order.

Sorry Selnor for derailing your thread, but at least we aren't attacking you right?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Selnor: I don't post much but gotta say I love your threads - love reading the comments.
Keep it up and don't let the negative comments get to you. Keep it up.

OT: First day buy for sure. It'll be big, not sure it'll be huge. Time will tell. Great ad!

Around the Network
selnor said:
Severance said:
i see i see....

the trailer is good the gameplay looks Gre-

THE F%@#5@ IS RAWNG WITH YOU SELNOR!!!

Nothings wrong.

From post 1 I have been accused of stuff I never wrote. Where have I said AW is GOTY. I'm clearly asking the reader what they think. And gave my opinion about AW over REsi and SH. Noone has even picked up on my opion part, but decided to take my question and use that as my opinion. WTH?

first i am joking,

second i love reading this thread, you act like innocent while throwing stupid bombs left and right, according to you reviews were too generious for GoW3 and Heavy Rain but not for ME2 and Alan Wake , and the fact that you said some of these reviews don't count because they were made as Pity scores , WTF man ? you lost it...

"Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Where the hell did I write Best looking game? Please goddamn tell me. I tell you what, it's absolutely obvious that there are alot of Xbox haters making shit up here. I havent even mentioned graphics at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

you made countless "GRAPHICS KING!" threads of the games he mentioned, you can't say you didn't.

stop being leo-j's evil twin and try to be reasonable of what you type!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Coca-Cola said:
Selnor: I don't post much but gotta say I love your threads - love reading the comments.
Keep it up and don't let the negative comments get to you. Keep it up.

OT: First day buy for sure. It'll be big, not sure it'll be huge. Time will tell. Great ad!

Cheers. ;)

leo-j said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

Even if he did, what's the problem? 

He is excited for the game, so is CGI-Quality and many others. Let him be excited and just give your take on the trailer and nothing more. No need to make a big deal because you don't agree with his opinion, which he is entitled to.

I think 3D Dot Game Heroes is GoTY, is that wrong?

You predicted PS3 wouldn't drop below 120k WW last year and ended up being wrong, no big deal. He may predict AW to be GoTY 2010 and end up being wrong, but once again, no big deal.

Just drop it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

Um am I talking to a brick wall? It's in the title because it was in the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait did you watch the trailer, or bloody just troll instead?

And your wrong Leo. I have never touted AW as GOTY!. Ive said it will be best graphics so far, but have never said Game Of The Year. Why are you trolling like this?

What? You have a no name reviewer saying "CONTENDER FOR GOTY" and you put GOTY on the thread title because of it. Also, maybe you haven't said "ALAN WAKE WILL BE GAME OF THE YEAR" But I am certain you probably do believe it is going to be game of the year, and it will change gaming or w.e you always say about it.

I did watch the trailer, whcih is why I posted saying it isn't that good to say it's far better than RE or SH, and WTF YOU EDITED YOUR POST!! I REMMEBER IT SAID "I AGREE" to the comment of it potentially being GOTY and being better than SH and RE.

nonetheless, no I AM NOT TROLLING, I am just being honest about the situation.

mM
Euphoria14 said:

Sorry Selnor for derailing your thread, but at least we aren't attacking you right?

didn't you ban me once for derailing?!! =/

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.