By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite game on any platform this Gen?

Mine is New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I love platformers I love Mario games I love 2d games I love a game I can play with my friends and family I love the Koopa Kids. I have zero regrets and have no dislikes about this game.

Around the Network

Single Player: Metroid Prime 3

Multiplayer: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Not sure if this counts, but Metroid Prime Trilogy has been my favorite. I was in no way a fan of the Cube controls. I know it was intentional to emphasize the adventure aspect, but I hungered for normal c-stick aim, R-stick move controls. Going through a game that involves you retraversing territories WITH limiting controls was really a drag. Not to say retraversing is bad, but the combo left me supremely unpleased and feeling like the game was smaller than it really was...But playing all the Primes with Wii controls is amazing!! The freedom of aiming with the wiimote is leaps and bounds better IMO than the original controls. The way Prime should be played. I now consider Prime with wii controls to be one of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

All 3 games for $50(ebay for $40) is a love letter from Nintendo/Retro.

dragon age: origins

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

uncharted 2 or msg4

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:

For my own curiousity, what is the appeal of this game?

Uncharted 2 or MLB The Show 09

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS3 UNCHARTED 2
PSP Crisis Core (Zack is the man)
WII those games suck I kid I kid RED STEEL 2 (all Wii owners should play just once)
DS the World Ends With You (best game on the system, yes better than Mario)
360 (I like GOW 2)