By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Four years later: Oblivion is still the best RPG this gen

If were talking about WRPG. Then that award goes to ME2, with 1,000 hands down.

Around the Network

at first i hated oblivion and stopped playing. Then later my friend wouldn't stop talking about how awesome the game was. I decided to give it another try and this time decided to explore and play it at my own pace instead of doing the IMO boring mainstory line quests. For 3 days I blew off everyone and everything and only played oblivion and slept. Good thing this happened during vacation. I still find the game great, got it recently for the PC as well and I'm enjoying the many mods i can have now. The only rpg that i enjoyed more this gen was the world ends with you, although I haven't played too many rpgs this gen so maybe there are others I would like more.

Pokemon kinda wins this for me.

Going to have to disagree. For me, Demon's Souls is the best rpg so far this gen. I expect Xenoblade and The Last Story to challenge it however.

ima Fallout 3 man myself

Around the Network

Oblivion is a great game. The main quest line is a bit lacking, but the great side quests more then make up for it. The Dark Brotherhood quests are simply amazing.

Fans of Last Remnant and FFVIII talking badly about any rpg is pretty funny.

Oblivion and Fallout make all other RPG makers look like  sloppy seconds.

I'd put it second best after Fallout 3. Great game!

Oblivion, definitely.

How can some rate Fable 2 higher than Oblivion? I absolutely hated that game >_

yes but only second to mass effect saga. :D