By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Four years later: Oblivion is still the best RPG this gen

Until the next Elder Scroll's releases it is the best RPG to be released in the last 4 years.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I thought the plot was pretty bad tbh. and overall the game was just way to repetitive.

Both of those were HUGE detractors for me. Can't like everything.

tales of vesperia is the best rpg this gen.

I am going to rate Oblivion as number 2 for me this gen, it is the RPG I played the most but the only downside IMO is the main story line of Oblivion. Guild quests owned though

Tech issues and all. I believe The Last Remnant was the best.

Tales was good too, but that battle system was pretty "meh" as well. Better than Oblivion though. Wonder if they will sequel this one?

Around the Network

see look what you did, now i want to play the game agin

Not even close. Oblivion was honestly one of the most boring, generic RPG's I have ever played in my entire life.

1 - Final Fantasy XIII
2 - Lost Odyssey
3 - Crisis Core
4 - Fable 2
5 - Tales of Vesperia

So yeah, Oblivion isn't even in the top 5 for me.

I disagree. Mass Effect is my favourite game of this gen. I'd put Oblivion second. Oblivion is the game I've sunk the most time into having beat it multiple times both on PC and the 360 but I'd still say I've enjoyed Mass Effect more.

to that I answer demon's souls

There's a big difference between 'Best RPG' and 'Best WESTERN RPG'.

And I bet you 3/4 the people who came into this thread didn't even notice.

Six upcoming games you should look into: