By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You can only pick 3 of the following.

Gameplay
Storytelling
Value

Around the Network

Gameplay
Storytelling
Graphics

Gameplay, Replay, Innovation. No contest.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

High quality gameplay
High quality originality
High quality replay value

Graphics are a perk after the first three are met, so it doesn't count.

gameplay
music
storytelling

Around the Network

Plot
graphics
gameplay
^ in that order

High gameplay

High music

High originality

In this order:

High quality gameplay

High quality originality/innovation

High replay value (Flexibility/Content/etc.)

I mean the best games and the games you'll play the most have all of these things.

I'm a sucker for great music in a game though, something I think Nintendo is unmatched in doing.

High Quality gameplay

High replay value (Flexibility/Content/etc.)

High quality originality/innovation

Unless it's an RPG then storytelling matters more than innovation/originality to me.

nordlead said:
gameplay
original
replay

in that order. I would have put replay over original, but then decided I didn't want to play 100 copies of the same type of game. I prefer playing lots of genres.

Exactly!

But I like that "originality/innovation" for the graphics too!