By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

ArenaNet updated their FAQ with more information on the pre-purchase program for those who are interested.

Around the Network

Also, if there are actually anybody playing Guild Wars 1 on either Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, or Windows ME, you won't be able to play anymore after june 14th.

So yeah... xD

More details on the microtransactions are out, you can buy in game currency! It actually sounds very cool.

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2

MMO veterans will note the similarities of our system to EVE Online’s PLEX system. As in that case, our system takes gold trading out of the hands of real-money trading (RMT) companies and puts it directly in the hands of players.

We think that’s a great thing.

Has anyone made their pre-purchase yet?

Yes, I pre-purchased the standard version, the collector one was too expensive. Waiting for the beta...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
Yes, I pre-purchased the standard version, the collector one was too expensive. Waiting for the beta...

Yeah, the CE is pretty steep. I still haven't decided whether to get the regular edition or the Digital Deluxe one.

Wow just...wow! Playing the beta and EVERYTHING is amazing, litterally everything! Unfortunately the servers are crashing XD

Buzzi said:
Wow just...wow! Playing the beta and EVERYTHING is amazing, litterally everything! Unfortunately the servers are crashing XD

Damn it, I wanna play too! Bring more impressions please!

It's actually a very rich game, full of thing to do every few steps you make. There's a bit of lag and some frame problems, but nothing serious...unfortunately the server crashed in less than an hour lol

I'm going to play intensively today, I'll give more details later :P

Looking forward to it. The lag could have something to do with it being beta and everyone's trying to get in at the same time, but the framerate probably won't see major changes by release I imagine.