By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

Buzzi said:
This is the first beta weekend for selected players...I can't wait for the real open beta, this is my most hyped game ever! lol

Just press beta right? Can't wait to hear what they all have to say (no NDA!). 

World PvP sounds incredible! I won't have enough time to do all the PvE and PvP stuff that I want to do =(

Around the Network

Hopefully it comes out closer to fall, since I "should" get the money to get a sup'd up computer :)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Haha, yeah, long time no see!

And World vs. World sounds amazing! It definitely makes me want to join a guild dedicated to WvWvW so I always have someone to play with!

ArenaNet also promised more info on the beta this week! 

I wonder when they're putting collector's editions up for grabs so I can preorder.

And impressions are coming in from the press!

Kotaku - Loves just about everything, but isn't too happy about performance.

MMORPG.com - Singleplayer (loved everything but the crafting) and multiplayer (WvWvW is glorious!)

Massively - Loving it!

With all those frame-rate problems, probably we won't get the full game 'till autumn...that'd be sad! I'll try getting a beta access, the'd be cool...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
With all those frame-rate problems, probably we won't get the full game 'till autumn...that'd be sad! I'll try getting a beta access, the'd be cool...

Could just be his setup, the MMORPG guys said the game ran well. Hopefully it's just that.

IGN - Mostly loving it, with a few concerns.

Oh man, I just read some of the press stuff. Now I'm even more pumped for this game (if that's even possible!). I do hope they fix the frame rate thing soon, but it doesn't matter too much to me; I'm buying an awesome computer tomorrow actually (mostly for this game).

r505Matt said:
Oh man, I just read some of the press stuff. Now I'm even more pumped for this game (if that's even possible!). I do hope they fix the frame rate thing soon, but it doesn't matter too much to me; I'm buying an awesome computer tomorrow actually (mostly for this game).

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,40 Ghz
8 GB ram
Windows 7 64 bit
double ATI Radeon HD 5700 crossfire

This was the configuration of a tester in an Italian forum...and he still had frame-rate problems. Looks like they have a lot of work to do.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

r505Matt said:

I'm doing the same thing, just not yet.

@ OP:

IncGamers has a good overview of what the guilds will be like! I love that you can be in multiple guilds. ^_^