By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

I'm normally not so interested in any of the conventions, but I kind of want to go to PAX East just to check out the demo.

Around the Network

Btw, has anyone checked out any of the books? I think I might get them at some point.

r505Matt said:

Btw, has anyone checked out any of the books? I think I might get them at some point.

No I haven't, though I've been thinking about getting at least the first one. I just don't read a lot these days, or not reading that isn't for university anyway...

Sorry about the lack of updates! But we can celebrate having a bunch of knowledge about humans and about the norn, and it all looks awesome! I'm really excited about the norn right now actually.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/norn/ plus small video of their home area:

Those environments look amazing!

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/human/ plus small video of their home area:

This is a pretty great example of norn lore for those interested. It only makes me want to play one all the more! I really want to explore their culture and the environments!

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

Yeah I have, there are two of them. Ghosts of Ascalon and Edge of Destiny. Ghosts of Ascalon is worth a read but the Edge of Destiny is done by a different author and it's bloody awful! They're not really sequels anyway.

Woot! The thief has been revealed/leaked!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153403p1.html

And it's got some videos of the norn starter area (with Guardian gameplay) and some thief gameplay videos with it!

Rainbird whats your past xpericne with MMOs?

And how hardcore r u? Will u be in a casual guild or a hardcore 24-7 guild in GW2?

Slimebeast said:

And how hardcore r u? Will u be in a casual guild or a hardcore 24-7 guild in GW2?

Well, I played the first Guild Wars for over 2600 hours, I tried WoW and was bored and I tried LoTRO and was bored. Plus I tried a few free to play MMOs, but nothing much.

And I don't really know about guilds, it depends how many of my friends will be playing, as I don't usually get into guilds where I don't know that many people. So casual guild probably, but I could see myself go hardcore once in a while.

Why?

Rainbird said:
Slimebeast said:

Well, I played the first Guild Wars for over 2600 hours, I tried WoW and was bored and I tried LoTRO and was bored. Plus I tried a few free to play MMOs, but nothing much.

And I don't really know about guilds, it depends how many of my friends will be playing, as I don't usually get into guilds where I don't know that many people. So casual guild probably, but I could see myself go hardcore once in a while.

Why?

Okay that's definately hardcore.

Well Im asking because MMOs are such an investment and often associated with lots of frustration. You have to dedicate a lot.  Time and energy. 

Myself I played DAOC in 2003-2004 and I put too much from my life into that game. I like MMOs but they frustrate me because you have to be competitive or else you will feel inferior. And in order to be comptetivie u have to spend lots of time. Which I dont have anymore.

Still I nurture this naive idea that I will invest in an MMO one day (Elder Scrolls Online, YAY!). But im always thinkng, will i take a casual apporach or will I invest heavily and be in a good guild? Does the game demand that I use voice chat to be effective? Etc

So r u gonna play with voice chat?