By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Guild Wars 2 thread *** First non-NDA beta is live! Impressions inside

Tagged games:

Rainbird said:
Cross-X said:

You know what you're talking about ! You get that feeling as well? That awesome feeling when you put up your shield and just save everyone' lives? I love that feeling!

Exactly that feeling where you feel like you're really making a difference! And I can't remember seeing a game that will let you feel that way like Guild Wars 2 looks to do.

EDIT: I suck at being a monk in GW though. xD

Monk is pretty easy to play in GW. I've actually found it easier to heal in GW than in most other games (I was a Priest main in WoW back in the day). Guardian though seems to be trickier to use since the abilities seem to rely on proper timing as well as proper use. While truly great healers know how to 'time heals' efficiently, you can get by without timing (as 95% of healers do).

But I think that's what makes this class so interesting, it's not the normal spam heals and watch life bars. I mean, not only would that go against GW2's creed, but I also think it will be harder to execute because it's different. The best part though is that it just makes combat more interesting, more fighting/action game-esque, which seems to be their ultimate goal anyways. Bring an action game experience to the scale of an MMORPG.

The only problem I foresee, and this depends on the exact numbers for the skills (cooldown, duration, etc.), but it seems so far that Guardian could be the most difficult class to play well.

All that said, I want GW2 now! =)

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

But I think that's what makes this class so interesting, it's not the normal spam heals and watch life bars. I mean, not only would that go against GW2's creed, but I also think it will be harder to execute because it's different. The best part though is that it just makes combat more interesting, more fighting/action game-esque, which seems to be their ultimate goal anyways. Bring an action game experience to the scale of an MMORPG.

That's why I'm interested in this class. It seems like it's going to give a much more exciting and visceral experience from supporting your allies, rather than just have you play the watch-the-bars game. But I agree that it might be a more difficult class to be good at, although I think it's in an interesting way. It's about your personal skills and your judgement in reacting to what happens in the game, which is basically the concept of GW, but way more fleshed out.

I think I might actually get to 40/50 if I pull myself a bit together. I just need some minipets, three more titles, and then I gotta spend my money wisely. 33/50 at the moment!

Rainbird said:

I think I might actually get to 40/50 if I pull myself a bit together. I just need some minipets, three more titles, and then I gotta spend my money wisely. 33/50 at the moment!

I say go for 50/50 =) It's too bad you didn't try to get minipets earlier, you could've still gotten them cheap a few months ago. Now, mostly everyone knows they're worth a little bit. We should still have quite a bit of time before GW2 so getting 50/50 shouldn't be too bad if you just take it a little at a time.

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

I say go for 50/50 =) It's too bad you didn't try to get minipets earlier, you could've still gotten them cheap a few months ago. Now, mostly everyone knows they're worth a little bit. We should still have quite a bit of time before GW2 so getting 50/50 shouldn't be too bad if you just take it a little at a time.

Nah, getting to 50/50 is going to mean grinding a buttload of titles, and I can't be bothered to do that.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Nah, getting to 50/50 is going to mean grinding a buttload of titles, and I can't be bothered to do that.

Psh, slacker. Most of the titles are super easy to get. The only real issue is the Vanquisher title, that takes a WHILE. But most of them can be done inactively. I used to practice guitar/watch tv/movies while I would work on Vanquisher, Skill Hunter, Cartographer and others

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:

Psh, slacker. Most of the titles are super easy to get. The only real issue is the Vanquisher title, that takes a WHILE. But most of them can be done inactively. I used to practice guitar/watch tv/movies while I would work on Vanquisher, Skill Hunter, Cartographer and others

I can't be bothered. ;P The only reason I'm considering 40/50 is because money will get me a good portion of the way there.

Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

I can't be bothered. ;P The only reason I'm considering 40/50 is because money will get me a good portion of the way there.

Haha, or you can settle for 35/50 and hook me up with the rest of your money =) I need about 1.5 million more in the long run -.- ugh.

I'm kidding, go for the 40/50 then.

r505Matt said:
Rainbird said:
r505Matt said:

Haha, or you can settle for 35/50 and hook me up with the rest of your money =) I need about 1.5 million more in the long run -.- ugh.

I'm kidding, go for the 40/50 then.

Whew, good luck with that. xP

ArenaNet are coming to PAX East by the way, with a new GW2 demo!  http://www.arena.net/blog/unleashed-at-pax-east-arenanet-travels-to-boston-with-new-demo

Also, you should read this blog on the combat, it sounds amazing! http://www.arena.net/blog/jon-peters-talks-combat

And the VGC thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124023&page=1