By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown - Results ---Did your favorite FF win?

I generally like those results...I'm Glad IX and XII are so high,the rest of them were to be expected .

Around the Network

Glad, and not suprised VI managed to make the top. Not too sure about IX's position. I thought it was rather generic for a Final Fantasy and didn't try to do anything except play like a generic JRPG with a larger budget. Basically, too normal and boring to be in the top 3 imo.

Bit suprised by X's position too. I know some people didn't like the linearity and lack of a world map but I thought it was a well-loved title in the series.

Scoobes said:
Glad, and not suprised VI managed to make the top. Not too sure about IX's position. I thought it was rather generic for a Final Fantasy and didn't try to do anything except play like a generic JRPG with a larger budget. Basically, too normal and boring to be in the top 3 imo.

Bit suprised by X's position too. I know some people didn't like the linearity and lack of a world map but I thought it was a well-loved title in the series.

I'm pretty convinced people think they like Final Fanyasy X, XII, and probably XIII too because they think they're supposed to.

If a series made it to XIII and it has a big budget you're supposed to like it, right?

twesterm said:
Oh, and in honor of FFVI, a brilliant orchestral version of Dancing Mad:

This is amazing!!!!

Thanks for posting.

twesterm said:
Scoobes said:

I'm pretty convinced people think they like Final Fanyasy X, XII, and probably XIII too because they think they're supposed to.

If a series made it to XIII and it has a big budget you're supposed to like it, right?

I dunno. I thought X was a good mix of sci-fi and fantasy. It had some side quests and wasn't strictly linear as you could still travel to different areas via airship, you just couldn't fly it on a world map. It had its problems of course, but I felt it was better than XII or XIII which were very much a case of unfulfilled potential (even with a large budget).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Scoobes said:

It amazes me how easily you manage to reduce the opinions of those who disagree with you down to a pithy inconsequence. I don't know whether to congratulate you or .... be rude.

twesterm said:
Scoobes said:

I'm sorry but saying stuff like that doesn't suit your usual sensible posts.

Then again you thought FF13 would sell less than 4 Million LOL.

The fact that its 23 years old & we are on the 13th main game which is massive success worldwide speaks more of the quality of this franchise than anything else. Not just quality of older titles but more recent ones too. Looks like FF12 didn't "make people hate FF" like a certain amount of people were so desperately wanting to believe in the following months after its release.

@scoobes

I know plenty of people who dislike FFX in real life....more dislike it than XII out of the people I know but I also felt online FFX was regarded much better. But it has been 9 years since its release...opinions change or new ones spring up.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Thanks for putting this together, very interesting to see the results.

I'm glad that XII seems to be rated so positively, it really is a masterpiece. And I think the surprisingly good showing for V can be chalked up to the game's obscurity - I'd wager it got much fewer individual votes than the games around it on the list.

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:
Scoobes said:

It amazes me how easily you manage to reduce the opinions of those who disagree with you down to a pithy inconsequence. I don't know whether to congratulate you or .... be rude.

That was actually a joke post that I was pretty sure you would respond to.  :-p

twesterm said:
Khuutra said:

That was actually a joke post that I was pretty sure you would respond to.  :-p

You've expressed similar sentiments often enough that I'm pretty sure it wasn't a joke at least once.