By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monter Hunter tri sales

bmmb1 said:
Galaki said:
Bamboleo said:
gansito said:
most probably overtracked, wait for NPD

Based on...?

There's 83.53% that it is over tracked by a 23.2 thousands.

Could be, but here's the thing - from my observations, the Wii games that NPD had lower than Vgchartz were usually games that didn't leave a mark on stores like Gamestop, and possibly had better sales in places like Walmart that NPD guesses at. This game on the other hand seems to have done well on Gamestop, and so while it is always possible NPD will have lower numbers, I wouldn't be totally surprised if NPD's numbers will be same or even higher in this case... Keeping my fingers crossed.

For illustration's sake of my point - while for lower profile games it is often the opposite, VGChartz numbers for NSMBWii are almost always below NPD numbers.

gansito more or less says stuff like that all the time, posting on a sales site and always making comments like "wait for NPD" is kinda insulting to the work put into this site.  That kinda irritates me but likely the reason why is because of this post http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3352684&page=1&postnum=62 which would put first week almost at his lifetime sales prediction, kinda egg on the face on that one.

Honestly, MH3 sales are pretty good, releasing it here was mostly localizing a lot of text, they already sold a million in Japan, so they've made their money and then some, this game is far from the best Wii game on a technical level so they probably broke even at a rather low point, so bringing it here, promoting the crap out of it and getting bigger sales in return is exactly what they want, it might not be a million first week in America but getting their name out there, some fans, and word of mouth is exactly what they want. 

I can see this title doing a slow burn much like CoD4 on Wii hitting a million, which had a lower opening than this game, not saying MH3 is gonna hit a million in the west, but expect good things and it all went exactly how Capcom wanted it to go.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

It got some very bad reviews which probably hurt sales. Some as low as 70. I find this incedibly odd since I am finding this to be one of the best games I have played in years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

bmmb1 said:
Galaki said:
Bamboleo said:
gansito said:

Based on...?

Could be, but here's the thing - from my observations, the Wii games that NPD had lower than Vgchartz were usually games that didn't leave a mark on stores like Gamestop, and possibly had better sales in places like Walmart that NPD guesses at. This game on the other hand seems to have done well on Gamestop, and so while it is always possible NPD will have lower numbers, I wouldn't be totally surprised if NPD's numbers will be same or even higher in this case... Keeping my fingers crossed.

For illustration's sake of my point - while for lower profile games it is often the opposite, VGChartz numbers for NSMBWii are almost always below NPD numbers.

I've taken your consideration into account it it would still come out as overtracked by 4.72 thousands at 71.8% probability.

Galaki said:
Bamboleo said:
gansito said:

Based on...?

This is a terrible offense for the nº1 games and console sales tracking website in the world.

If you guys don't trust VGChartz numbers why are you commenting on sales threads and even bothered to have an account in the first place?

Speaking by myself, I don't care about NPD, Media Create and so on, because when Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft release their own sales figures, those "reliable" sources happen to be over/under tracking some hardware or software too.

There's discrepancies everywhere. If you guys don't trust the numbers that vgchartz team serve you weekly, please stop the annoying posts.

You guys are kidding and making fun out of a serious job in here. A weekly top200 doesn't pop out from thin air, and you got absolutely ZERO respect for the hard job behind it. If you're not happy with all of this for FREE, I don't know what are you guys doing here.

Amen.

Bamboleo said:

You're not directing that at me, right?

Otherwise, you need to fix your sarcasm radar :)

Around the Network

While it pales compared next to Splinter Cell's opening week numbers, 183k in NA/Others is an extremely good start for both the MH franchise and for a 'core' game on Wii in general.

Capcom won't be complaining that's for sure.

However, it'd be nice to see some great legs for this game.

2nd week I expect a big drop off in the US and a lesser drop off (in percentages) in Others.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Did betetr than any other Mh game in the west so that's something to cheer about.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

It would be nice to see this game pass 2 million by the fall.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.