By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas hardware up

andremop said:
CommonMan said:
http://xbox360tracker.com/elite/

Looks like the Eilte Xbox is supply constrained!

http://wiitracker.com/

Oh my god!!!! There's no wii's anywhere! Those 100,000 sold last week were the last!

I love that website already, it's a font of running jokes just waiting to happen.

Wii sold out ERRRVERYWHERE!

Around the Network
epicurean said:
Alceste007 said:
epicurean said:
I don't know how it could be said it isn't in tight demand....

Maybe IOI can go in more depth on how it's not in tight supply when

1) You can't get a system on Amazon (without going through a 3rd party and paying abot MSRP)

2) You can't get a system online on gamestop.com unless you want a refurb or a "gamestop made" bundle.

3) You can't get a non-refub system online at bestbuy.com

I know these are only a few retailers, though they are probably the 3 of the biggest 4 (wal-mart). I'm guessing you can use other methods to figure out if they are supply constrained, so maybe you could go into what those are, because by every measurable way a normal person can check, it is most definetly, without a doubt, supply constrained.

You can to get a system at Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+3+(120GB)/9476952.p?id=1218115837227&skuId=9476952

The systems ship next day.

How did you do that?  I did a search on the site for "Playstation 3" and it came up with 11 results, all refurbs.  (Glad they are in stock, I just couldn't get it to show up...)

Nevermind, I figured it out...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

CommonMan said:
andremop said:
CommonMan said:
http://xbox360tracker.com/elite/

Looks like the Eilte Xbox is supply constrained!

http://wiitracker.com/

Oh my god!!!! There's no wii's anywhere! Those 100,000 sold last week were the last!

I love that website already, it's a font of running jokes just waiting to happen.

Wii sold out ERRRVERYWHERE!

notice there is one console missing in the whole list.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Again, I don't think everyone giving their personal anecdotal "proof" of stock or lack there of is helping. We come here consistently because we trust and appreciate the job that is done on the website in keeping us informed of sales and market analysis.

Whether or not ioi wants to spend time trying to convince those here that may question the analysis he provided is up to him. The data he mines is telling him it's in stock for the most point. The fact that it's still selling better than last year proves that demand is higher, but unfortunately the only way we have to measure the extent of the increase is through sales. Since we don't know how many Sony can produce and ship on a given day these are the numbers we choose to accept.

But calling the numbers fake, fixed, or a lie is uncalled for.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

LOL someone used ps3tracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to use that back in...2007 when it was working. Definitely not working and not accurate. Hahaha.

Around the Network

MH Tri at #1

GripnRip said:
BenVTrigger said:
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
yes slimebeast the ps3 is still supply constrained

really?  hard to get then over there still?

no its not.  Or at least not really, I work for Gamestop and check our numbers all the time and currently all Gamestops within my entire district are sitting on quite a few PS3's right now.  They are still selling and we by no means have a huge surplus but we have more than enough to meet demand.  Wal-Mart may be different I suppose.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't speak for the entire country.  We can each only say what we see in our area.  Here in Austin, TX PS3s are very hard to come by.  I could use this information to say that there are no PS3s in the US and they are straining to meet supply.  I'm not, but I could following the logic you're using.  All we can do is see what Sony says, as as of the response to March NPD data they said they're still having trouble meeting demand and would continue having issues for a few months.  Besides that all we can do is speculate based off the data we can collect at any given time.

This isn't anecdotal evidence.  Its fact.  I can get a rough number of our supply stream for PS3's for the entire states of Missouri and Illinois.   Thats a pretty damn big area and several hundred stores.  We have supply and are not low.  On ANY models mind you.  As I said there may be certain areas that are low and perhaps retailers like Wal-Mart is struggling with stock but we are not.

Not bad considering HD are up YOY. Gj to Ps3 leading the way and not half bad xbox...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

IS it surprising that MH3 is at #1?

just wondering cus I have no idea what it should have done sales wise and loads of people keep saying that.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
IS it surprising that MH3 is at #1?

just wondering cus I have no idea what it should have done sales wise and loads of people keep saying that.

It is for me. Especially since a lot o heavy titles came out on March. I really did not expect this.