By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any hope of seen PS2 BC again?

there have been lots of rumors but nothing solid, anyones knows anything new that could give me any hope that SW BC will become a reallity, i want to be able to buy ps2 games on the PSN, should i just forget about that idea?  :(

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

They'll most likely find an efficient way to _port_ them to PS3. Forget about emulating.

really?????? any source ?? but thats harder than emulating

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

There is......another.......sky.....walker..............

Probably not this gen now. Maybe next gen where the power will be much greater for easier emulation.

Around the Network

PS2 BC is a thing of the past. Next gen, they'll introduce PS3 BC for the PS4, but there'll be no other BC available.

SW-5120-1900-6153

No, unlikely, especially with talk of bringing PS2 classics to the PStore.

radha said:
really?????? any source ?? but thats harder than emulating

No its probably a lot easier and you can get MUCH better upscaling results if you change the game engine to run natively on the cell then you dont waste all that CPU time/power with the overhead of emulating another chipset.  Think of GOW 1 and 2 remakes running at native 720 instead of upscaled, GOW2 now looks as good as PS3 launch games.

As for a SW solution Im not sure one is possible, I recall hearing something about how the PS3 lacks the bandwidth in one area to really ever properly emulate most PS2 software.

with successful collections like the one of god of war and the possibility to sell them online via psn
there is no way they bring back the BC to the ps3

Um... but i have a UK ps3 60gb with BC emulation?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups