By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any hope of seen PS2 BC again?

joshin69 said:
Um... but i have a UK ps3 60gb with BC emulation?

That isn't the case for most of us. I have a ps2, so I don't worry much about it, but I would welcome PS2 ports to PS3 just cause (2) it's a convenient thing.

Around the Network
Random Canadian said:
radha said:
really?????? any source ?? but thats harder than emulating

No its probably a lot easier and you can get MUCH better upscaling results if you change the game engine to run natively on the cell then you dont waste all that CPU time/power with the overhead of emulating another chipset.  Think of GOW 1 and 2 remakes running at native 720 instead of upscaled, GOW2 now looks as good as PS3 launch games.

As for a SW solution Im not sure one is possible, I recall hearing something about how the PS3 lacks the bandwidth in one area to really ever properly emulate most PS2 software.

well if the leave all the assets the same thats true, but is only easy for sony not for the publisher and developers, is a lot of work to make a game again, with emulation only sony has to work to get the amulator running

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

mr_capello said:
with successful collections like the one of god of war and the possibility to sell them online via psn
there is no way they bring back the BC to the ps3

i dont see why you guys think porting is better than emulation, emulation is better for devs and publisher since the only have to worry about the legal stuff, there is no extra investment

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
mr_capello said:
with successful collections like the one of god of war and the possibility to sell them online via psn

i dont see why you guys think porting is better than emulation, emulation is better for devs and publisher since the only have to worry about the legal stuff, there is no extra investment

Because there are hundreds of millions of used discs of which the publishers get nothing for.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I have a feeling that once

A) the PS2 (hardware) market is completely dried up

and

B) There are far less used copies available at places like gamestop

That software emulation may pop up. But we'll see.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
joshin69 said:

It's not emulation, those 60 gig models actually have an emotion chip in them. So essentially that model of PS3 had a PS2 inside.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

radha said:
mr_capello said:

I didn't say that it's better!  in fact emulation is better for the customer because you can buy a lot of games for almost nothing  but do you think  games like god of war 1 and 2 would have sold another million copies if there still would be a BC ? I don't think so

and also they wouldn't have made a gow collection if it was that expensive or hard to make

kaneada said:
joshin69 said:

It's not emulation, those 60 gig models actually have an emotion chip in them. So essentially that model of PS3 had a PS2 inside.

mystery of the 'incredibly large home console' solved!! good job luke lol

OT: I never owned a ps2 and will prob eventually pick one up if they don't bring some sort of BC back. (hopefully in terms of collections a la god of war style) which brings us to the point a few others have said. Sony is probably waiting till the ps2 is totally off the market. It's the most profitable path for them and developers, and an easy and efficient way for ppl to pick up new and improved old games. (WO new and old at the same time, I just blew my mind). This of course would be a big piss off to ppl who want the updated versions and already have the originals. (at least i'd be pretty pissed if i had gow 1 and 2 on the ps2 and then they released this collection)

I don't even play ps2 games anymore. my last two ps2 games was Okami and FF12

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

i'm willing to bet companies would much rather do what santa monica studios did with GOW I and GOW II, but that is fine by me as long as they bring tropies :):)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1