By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

YES! It has convinced me to buy a 360. 45 6.24%

Somewhat... I want to see... 61 8.46%

Meh. It's unlikely to ma... 101 14.01%

Not really, I'm more int... 202 28.02%

No way, it's just another crappy gimmick. 312 43.27%

Total:721

it seems okak tbh, the dance games, party, sports games look fun when your playing with friends. but i've played on the wii with friends before and it gets boring after 20mins, because your just doing the same thing. but kinect seemed cool, but i wouldnt play it more than 30mins before getting bored. its mainly good for playing with friends and family, and while thats good it woud still get boring after a while imo.

the only reason i would want motion controls for myself is personal fitness, because i have very little time these days and i dont have time to excerise anymore - but thats on the PS3 anyway, so... kinects a good device, just not for me tbh.

Around the Network

My wife is.

I'm fine with the PSWii, but my wife is very interested in the dance and fitness games from Kinect. She said last night as that would be better for her than grabbing the Wii Fit board and controllers.

I reminded her that it would cost us $300 and we'd have a third gaming console in the house plus 360's online is not free, so the cool voice chat, etc, would be an annual fee. I also reminded her that every other feature is free on PS3 and even the games I'd play, I can all buy on my PS3.

So, I think we won't be getting it as I'd rather spend $300 on Wii and PS3 games, however, if she really wants it after xmas, then who knows. Always gotta make sure wife is happy so in turn she makes me happy.

I eat taco's!

I have PS3 and 360 and im not planing to buy KINECT.

Why?

#1 Price.

#2 Shovelware.

If they make interesting/innovative game and bundle it with Kinect, i will buy it.

Though its vagly interesting the idea of spending all the money to get natal and an xbox when The eye toy is easily enough to keep me entertained without a controler (the amount of time i can play a game woith a controler quitly idsapears), then no it doesn ttempt me XD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

I am buying move just to play with my girlfriend, maybe with my little brothers... kinect, yes, i read something about it, my mother offered to buy it to me with a xbox 360, but no, maybe i play for 1 day but then no more, all 360 games are in ps3.. so no way

Already have MOVE, so no.

i only have one answer to the question asked in the OP:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa !!!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yes, it's an amazing technology, I really can't wait to see what MS does with this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Kinect is a cool piece of tech, but id be an idiot if I spent 400 on something that I will get bored with after a week. Any game that I would want on 360 I could already get for PS3/PC anyway (except Limbo)