By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

PS3 owners: are you tempted by Natal?

YES! It has convinced me to buy a 360. 45 6.24%

Somewhat... I want to see... 61 8.46%

Meh. It's unlikely to ma... 101 14.01%

Not really, I'm more int... 202 28.02%

No way, it's just another crappy gimmick. 312 43.27%

Total:721

Depends on the experiences it has to offer...Personally,I like buttons.

Around the Network

Well, if they sold for $50, maybe, but when it will probably cost $200...nah, i'd rather just have a Wii. I could then get some of the greatest titles out there.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

luvtospooge said:

Because in the future we found out buttons are essential in our gaming experience, and not to go pew pew pew pew like an idot

RareglovE said:
luvtospooge said:

Because in the future we found out buttons are essential in our gaming experience, and not to go pew pew pew pew like an idot

hah

<insert awesome signature here>

Nope not at all. Afterall I still have my Playstation 2 & EyeToy.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
I lol at the close mindedness of people. Oh no it's a new way of gaming,can't have that and you wonder why game companys put out the same stuff year after year.

Closed mindedness, what are you talking about?  Nothing natal has shown us has been anything new.  The only thing Natal has brought to the table is a whole lot of talk and a ball ricochet game that the eye toy could have done 6 years ago.  You can't blame people for being skeptical when companies, Microsoft especially, are notorious for overhyping and overpromising their products.  If it turns out that Natal is as good as they say it is then I will happily eat my words; but don't bet on it because if it was as great as they're promising we would have seen a lot more on it by now.

maximus22 said:
oldschoolfool said:
I lol at the close mindedness of people. Oh no it's a new way of gaming,can't have that and you wonder why game companys put out the same stuff year after year.

Closed mindedness, what are you talking about?  Nothing natal has shown us has been anything new.  The only thing Natal has brought to the table is a whole lot of talk and a ball ricochet game that the eye toy could have done 6 years ago.  You can't blame people for being skeptical when companies, Microsoft especially, are notorious for overhyping and overpromising their products.  If it turns out that Natal is as good as they say it is then I will happily eat my words; but don't bet on it because if it was as great as they're promising we would have seen a lot more on it by now.

actually natal has brought a few new features to the table to be fair. there was another thread that was looking what the differences was between the ps eye and natal. I wrote a list up for it but its a bit long so I will just leave what new.

only new augmented feature is gesture recognition. (able to determine what you want if you point with your finger)

3d depth tracking
full body tracking  
one step up from the eye's movement detection instead of using the pixels, alone to determine movement, it will use a ir bar to help detect movement in a given distance.
area you have to be in will adjust depending on the size of the room.
built in processor to do the calculations, freeing up the 360, processor.
some motor things for tilting the camera and for fast zoom

so like I said some new features for the tech that shouldn't really be overlooked. of course imo most of these features are meaningless one you add in the move.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

im more tempted by move, socom 4 and that fighting game

if it has good software and they fix the 360 then maybe

No because in the long run I'm going to be wasting a lot of money in buying the system its accessories and the games shown so far for Natal hasn't interested me one bit.