By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL : video showing on screen pointer display using hands

That doesn't look fun at all.

Around the Network

looks fun, cant wait to get natal this fall.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Well, that was a mess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

that same video could have easily been in a different thread designed to mock Natal. That was horrible. From the lag time, to the trouble she had selecting the game, to the missed input at :40, to the stupid guy turning the camera sideways.

Secondly, it didn't look like a cursor for one reason. The side motion and up down motion was far too perfectly synced on an axis.

I also have a question. Where do they take these videos? Are these secret events held in lofts owned by rich dudes in cali or something? These videos scream "scenester"

The best thing about Natal is that ony Ps3 lovers hates it!

Around the Network
Billy Gun said:
The best thing about Natal is that ony Ps3 lovers hates it!

Actually there's a pretty loud anti-natal group of 360 owners too, but they just belong to the anti-motion controls movement in general.

OT: This confirms for me that an RTS would work, because you have pointer fucntionality! Come on Halo Wars 2!

Well, I have my doubts about Natal. This video only enforces them. But like most say, we'll have to wait till E3 for MS final product. If it isn't improved by then, I really don't see it being huge.

that particular game has about a .5 secon delay on movements, i dunno if thats Natals normal range of detection but eh

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I'm sorry but this looks like the most laggy Natal video I've ever seen.

Also the pointer functionality looks like being very imprecise, but I wonder how they did that though.

Yeah, looks laggy but the thing that matters is whether or not the people playing it care. Looks like they don't, and they are not gamers.

I can see people eating it up, it's conspicuous spending like buying Apple stuff. It'll be "cool" to have, like a Wii.