By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL : video showing on screen pointer display using hands

It actually shows head tracking is working as well. And how the fuck can you guys tell it is laggy, the camera is shaky as fuck and you can barely see the people's limbs.

And no, that was not a pointer based on the hand.  Although a pointer would be trivial to implement with Natal.

Around the Network

these Natal haters are feasting whenever they see a thread about Natal. lol

selnor said:
First showing of 2 player. Am I right?

Would seem the OP is correct. Natal. It only does everything.

no i've seen other multiplayer videos.

but all of them are the same game =s

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

It would be much better if the pointer was controlled by your hand's orientation rather than just its position. Hopefully that's either beta functionality or the user is a noob.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

not impressed in the slightest

Around the Network
Adobo said:

I think it's replaced Halo as the new "cool thing to hate on" Thank god for MS products, where would all the misplaced angst go in the world if not for them?

OMG OMG, the video just blew me away showing how awesome NATAL is OMG its almost like catching a big red BALL.

It looks like it captured both players moving their hands around relatively quickly in the menu, but it didn't register immediately. It seemed to measure vertical and horizontal at about the same speed although, because there wasn't much actual navigation, its hard to tell how efficient it will ultimately be when changing options settings.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

RareglovE said:
OMG OMG, the video just blew me away showing how awesome NATAL is OMG its almost like catching a big red BALL.

That's the spirit! Let's stop heckling everything MS does. We get it you guys hate MS, but calling Natal laggy or hating on the game is unjustified. This video is a giant leap in technology, let's treat it as such.

CommonMan said:
Adobo said:

I think it's replaced Halo as the new "cool thing to hate on" Thank god for MS products, where would all the misplaced angst go in the world if not for them?

Uhhh, Apple products? I hate Apple. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.