By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony claim PS3 sales up 298%

Well duckaluck its apparent you can't read as I know you were talkigna bout this topic. But I and most like madskillz were not talking about this topic, but the forums. Meaning your point there has no validity whatsoever. Sounds like you need to recheck you arguement as comprehension doesn't seem to be your strongpoint in this one.

Ah and one more thing.  Complaining about spelling arguements when in an arguement actually infers desperation by someone to be able to squeeze at least one hit in on its opponent.  You know kinda like in a real fight a kick in the balls quite move.  A desperate cowardly one that really serves no purpose other than your own demise.  Sorry you were warned about arguing with me but I guess warnings do nothing to people anymore.  Have to learn the hard way.

Around the Network

We also have no idea what Sony classifies as "Top 10 Retailers" in which they sampled.... this could be just about anything from new retailers that had very few PS3's last year that now had over-stock... or it might not be.

Could be just the highest sellers (for whatever reason) including online mega-sellers that may have not been selling well for months previously anyway.

"Top 10" should be the main grounds for questionable numbers.

They may be right, still.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

The PS3 is doing ok for now. To have a price cut in the "Others" for 4 weeks and to outsell the 360 is good. Question, um when do the US numbers come in? I like to see how the gap between the 360 and PS3 has changed (if at all).

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

rocketpig said:
Based off last year's numbers, it means Sony is claiming ~215k in sales this week. I'm curious to see if they're accurate or if the VGC number will fall below that (you know the Sony numbers won't be lower).

Yep, as always with sony we've got to take them with a bit of skepticism and see wait for the numbers.  Interesting news though.

As for the rest of this thread... it's a good thing i'm not a mod as i'd be handing out some 1 day bans to some people to chill the heck out.

I will give Sony credit here:

XBox360 is supposedly doing 'well' as a console.... and the below graph aligns the total sales of the PS3 and 360. The PS3 trend is nearly identical to the 360, just a year behind.

And of course, that obnoxious blue line is ridiculous.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network

Keep it civil guys.  Black Friday sales will be in tommorow.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Kasz216 said:
rocketpig said:
Based off last year's numbers, it means Sony is claiming ~215k in sales this week. I'm curious to see if they're accurate or if the VGC number will fall below that (you know the Sony numbers won't be lower).

As for the rest of this thread... it's a good thing i'm not a mod as i'd be handing out some 1 day bans to some people to chill the heck out.

If it were anywhere but the Sony forum, they might have... but alas.  Welcome to Fanboy magnet central.  Where people can bash Sony and it's supporters all day long and go away with a 3rd, 4th, 5th warning and nobody seems to care.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Rath said:
Sony claims lots of bullshit. Just last week they claimed something like this and it turned out they were counting PS2+PS3 sales not just PS3 sales.

Ill wait for independent confirmation.

You always have to be very careful how you read anything Sony says.  Last time Sony made a statement about the PS2 and PS3, then said the sales were up over 100k for a week.  They were talking about combined sales, but the media all took it as if PS3 sales were up to 100k.

100k should be easy in North America for black Friday, especially with deals.  Sony should do at least 400k in November I'd hope (although that'd still be way back in 3rd place).

TheSource said:
Keep it civil guys.  Black Friday sales will be in tommorow.

Tommorow? Thank you! That's all I want to hear.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

TheBigFatJ said:
Rath said:
Sony claims lots of bullshit. Just last week they claimed something like this and it turned out they were counting PS2+PS3 sales not just PS3 sales.

Ill wait for independent confirmation.

You always have to be very careful how you read anything Sony says. Last time Sony made a statement about the PS2 and PS3, then said the sales were up over 100k for a week. They were talking about combined sales, but the media all took it as if PS3 sales were up to 100k.

100k should be easy in North America for black Friday, especially with deals. Sony should do at least 400k in November I'd hope (although that'd still be way back in 3rd place).

Not really, Sony was quite clear.  However, the old game of telephone tells us that people will repost only the information they want to hear.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php