By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony claim PS3 sales up 298%

The context of the sales whether in the holiday season or not doesn't mean anything.

More PS3 sales means more PS3 sales no matter how you look at it and that's great.

The PS3 is an excellent console and it's good to see more people getting the chance to enjoy it.

Around the Network

I would like the PS3 to give the 360 a heated battle this holiday. This will force one side to do something even more beneficial for the consumer in the near future.

Everyone wins.

jhlennon1 said:
@Madskillz

Who the hell is claiming victory?

The way you goddamn drama queens prattle on it's like it's against the ****ing law to be happy about some positive news. How about some of you get over yourselves and grow the **** up.

Seriously retarded. I thought this thread was a bad idea on this forum and now I know for sure it was.

I will remember the memo that only "The PS3 sucks ass" threads are allowed here.

It's about damn time someone said somthing. Almost every thread that even mentions somthing positive for Sony gets trolled by someone. Some of these people just need to jackoff in Wii threads or 360 thread and STFU! people don't give a damn about your two cents! If you can't stay on topic then don't post.

On topic: What Sony was able to do not just in America but WW. Japan and Europe have been huge. No one was expecting Sony to do that well during the Holiday. 

I'll take the case!!!

@Origin

"30,000 is 300% increase on 10,000 and that is not a very astonishing figure."

No, 10,000 to 10,000 is a 0% increase.
10k to 20k is a 100% increase.
10k to 30k is a 200% increase.

[Editted out]

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

jhlennon1 said:
@Madskillz

The way you goddamn drama queens prattle on it's like it's against the ****ing law to be happy about some positive news. How about some of you get over yourselves and grow the **** up.

Seriously retarded. I thought this thread was a bad idea on this forum and now I know for sure it was.

I will remember the memo that only "The PS3 sucks ass" threads are allowed here.

Hay fool, first off, don't curse at me. Seriously, what I was commenting on was how folks were leaping for joy at the hint of *some* good news. Dude ... it's a year later, it's the holidays and there's a price cut. So what. It's still bleeding money and the jokes on the clowns who paid $399 plus for a glorified Blu Ray player that sometimes plays games.

Say what you will about me, but you will respect me and refrain from using language like that around me - comprehende?!

Around the Network
Harvey Birdman said:
jhlennon1 said:
@Madskillz

It's about damn time someone said somthing. Almost every thread that even mentions somthing positive for Sony gets trolled by someone. Some of these people just need to jackoff in Wii threads or 360 thread and STFU! people don't give a damn about your two cents! If you can't stay on topic then don't post.

On topic: What Sony was able to do not just in America but WW. Japan and Europe have been huge. No one was expecting Sony to do that well during the Holiday.

Are you directing that at me? You wanna call out trolling? Have you reviewed your posts? If you don't work for Sony Defense Force, I would be shocked. Get a life, Tweety ... 

Oh, and no, this news is not 'great' for Sony, it's 'ok' and 'to be expected' news, not surprising news.

Not all of us (although you can call me this if you wish) are fanboys of Nintendo or MS and hate Sony.

Fact is, this news isn't anything great or something to be proud of. Sure, Sony's PS3 sales could be up nearly 300%, but in comparison to MS or Nintendo, sales are probably up 500%-600%.... and had already great sales, which point to 'great' sales. It's just a matter of ratio.

However, MadSkillz is not that reasonable with his post, at all.

@madskillz

Only the first line is directed at you. The rest of the post was a general statement.

And can you please show me the posts that are "leaping for joy at the hint of Sony's good news" in this thread? Because all I see is Sony PR BS spin this and Sony PR spin that...

And respect has to be earned. You don't get it any other way and definitely not by telling me to do it.

madskillz said:
jhlennon1 said:
@Madskillz

Hay fool, first off, don't curse at me. Seriously, what I was commenting on was how folks were leaping for joy at the hint of *some* good news. Dude ... it's a year later, it's the holidays and there's a price cut. So what. It's still bleeding money and the jokes on the clowns who paid $399 plus for a glorified Blu Ray player that sometimes plays games.

Say what you will about me, but you will respect me and refrain from using language like that around me - comprehende?!

Are you calling me a clown. Real mature. Obviously I knew what I was buying because it never gets the Red Ring of DEATH, high quality blu ray software, and the best first party software to date and for years to come. I'm guessing you have a 360, so my purchase may make me look like a clown, but your lack of intelligence makes you look like an ass. Comprende?

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

If PS3 sales were to increase by 300% from the previous week, sales would be:
87,225 up to 348,900

If XBox360 sales were to increase by 150% from the previous week, sales would be:
154,918 up to 387,295

If Wii sales were to increase by 100% from the previous week, sales would be:
253,878 up to 507,756