By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony claim PS3 sales up 298%

Actually it wasn't clear, which is why Sony released a statement after to clarify the previous comments.

Around the Network
Andir said:
Kasz216 said:
rocketpig said:
Based off last year's numbers, it means Sony is claiming ~215k in sales this week. I'm curious to see if they're accurate or if the VGC number will fall below that (you know the Sony numbers won't be lower).

As for the rest of this thread... it's a good thing i'm not a mod as i'd be handing out some 1 day bans to some people to chill the heck out.

If it were anywhere but the Sony forum, they might have... but alas.  Welcome to Fanboy magnet central.  Where people can bash Sony and it's supporters all day long and go away with a 3rd, 4th, 5th warning and nobody seems to care.

I'd be handing out bans to both sides of the arguement actually.  

I'm actually surprised the mods aren't on top of this little flame war as it is.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This isn't 'hate on Sony owners' day, or even year. What it comes down to is facts, and the fact is, why does Sony come out and proclaim sales numbers so fast? To beat out the other two, to steal a little spot light? I actually highly think so.

It's not about being cool. It's not about declaring who's better. It's not even about flaming people, being trolls, or telling individuals off.

It's about reality... some just state t better than others. The ones who don't state reality as well, even though it may still be fact, get yelled out and are called " haters", while the yellers ignore the facts behind it all....

Sony is being weird, unusual, and probably misleading or highly underdogged without us knowing it, yet again,

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

@Duckaluck, you got a lot more spelling mistakes than most of the people posting in this thread, and by looking at your signature the words UNREAL and IMPOSSIBLE come to mind.

I'd say to Sony fans: Try to be happy over a real achievement, and do not say things like "SMG BOMBED" or PLAYSTATION 3 SOLD 100 more units than last year" since the competiton is clearly destroying sony.

Just think about it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Good.

I am one among those that are jaded with Sony's PR lies and/or spin.

Great news! Well done Sony!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I am a Wii supporter, and even I think this thread is Sony hate boys at its best. We just wait until numbers are in tomorrow, but according to ioi that 300% should be in the right ballpark.

wow, sony is putting up a great fight for the holidays. this without a doubt will help sales after the holidays. alot more ps3 users and alot more games and no doubt brand name has helped it out alot.

it is more expensive than its rivals, even after a huge price drop.
it hasnt got half the quality games its rivals have

yet vgchartz has shows that ps3 has outsold 360 ww in the past 2 weeks, i think. although the margin of error may show differently, but this is the best data to go by.

i really dont see it dropping down to previous levels after the holidays. if anything it will be at least performing as well (or as bad) as the 360 will.