By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you really like when games have great graphics or do you not care?

nitekrawler1285 said:
People who say graphics don't mean anything are kidding themselves. It's VIDEO games. If the graphics are unappealing or muddy it hampers your gameplay experience.

what this huy said. shore graphics arnt everything but gameplay disapears from your memory super fast where as games like god of war 3 stay in your mind for years because of the breath taking moments.

Around the Network

Bad graphics can mean a lot of things

Poor framerate can ruin a game for me, as can poor viewing distance, illegible text (most PS360 games you cannot read the text on a CRT TV) or anything other that actually affects the gameplay

Bad art direction makes the game a lot less interesting, and bad technical graphics can lower the immersion and make the game less fun, but Gameplay >> graphics

Amazing, American's players are really cool (not cool, I thought 'open mind' but don't know if you understand what I mean). In my country, most of players swore only by graphics... You should post on our threads, French (and most of European) need some lessons...

Just to chuck another question into the mix, are there any amazing looking games that have bad gameplay? I really can't think of any. The closest I can think of would be Lair, but that didn't look that great, it was just pretty sometimes.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Gameplay = Story (in RPGs, at least to me, in every other genre, Gameplay > Story) >>>> technical aspects (stability, good sound, etc)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>graphics.

One does not need good graphics to enjoy a game. I agree that in some games, graphics have the biggest focus, but that doesn't make them necessarely a good game.

Heck, I still use DosBox to play some good old fashioned games like Indy500, Stunts4D, prehistorik, populous and many more. The gameplay on those games is magnificent.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Yeah, I love for a game to have amazing graphics. However, all of the best games ever made have shitty graphics by today's standards, and they're still the best, so take that for what you will.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

God of War I > Dantes Inferno.

I can still play older gen games with no problems, since I care mainly about the gameplay, so...

But this gen, well, if the art direction is great, then technical achievement doesn't really matter. But if it's aiming for realistic modern environments, then yes, great graphics are definitely a plus.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I like when a game is awesome.

Tetris is awesome.
Crysis is awesome.

Do I like games with great graphics? I don't know, when I look to a game I can only think two things: Its awesome, or it's not awesome.

i really dont care if theyre amazing. just as long as they're polished. for example ill take a polished 32 bit gameboy advance game over a graphically sub par wii game