By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2: Among thieves outsells Uncharted Drakes Fortune!!!!!

As of this week (I think it's this week anyways) Uncharted 2 has outsold its predicessor in about seven months :)

Uncharted Drakes Fortune             3.11 Million

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves           3.15 Million

Discuss :) how much higher will uncharted 2's numbers get? keep in mind it's still selling 20k+ a week.

Around the Network

Im guessing without bundles it should do around 3.75-4 mil if legs hold up

but with bundles atleast 4.5mil+?

Well, i think i remember some people here saying that it was impossible for part 2 to outsold its predecessor.

3 mill at least..

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

With Bundles and legs I think we could see 4.5 - 5 million copies fairly easy. Naughty Dog continues to add great DLC, The siege DLC is great, and they really have some ossum maps to play on , and character skins to choose from, Its my favorite game to play online.

Around the Network

Is it in greatest hits yet? how much of a boost does that usually do (Albeit at that point sales matter less to the developer as they get half the money) in numbers?

I think it sold better for a bunch of reasons
1) The PS3 Install Base was bigger
2) It was a much better game. (which obviously, at times, has nothing to do with sales)
3) It had 2 hot girls instead of 1 :D

Its not that impressive considering U2 has au userbase twice the size of its predessor, better reviews and a much larger marketing budget.

Its a shame, although 3m is good be any standards i feel like the game derserved to sell more. I don't know why it didn't

Ditto with mass effect 2 likely

you just don't magically create A Halo, or Call of Duty IP, it has to become a phenemon sort of. It got the sales for a good game. It didn't catch like Call of Duty MW, Halo, Gears.

Maybe nathan wasn't cool enough :P I thought he was who knows

thelifatree said:
Ditto with mass effect 2 likely

you just don't magically create A Halo, or Call of Duty IP, it has to become a phenemon sort of. It got the sales for a good game. It didn't catch like Call of Duty MW, Halo, Gears.

Maybe nathan wasn't cool enough :P I thought he was who knows

Well... The series is definately growing.

Uncharted 2 COULD end up at the dizzy heights of 5 Million with a few bundles, GotY Editions and "Best" Editions... And that's just the NEW bought copies. 2nd hand copies sold could also increase the popularity of the series, just like they did from Uncharted 1 

Uncharted 3, we could be looking at 6-7 Million sales, if it's as good as Uncharted 2!

4.5 mill