By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2: Among thieves outsells Uncharted Drakes Fortune!!!!!

Carl2291 said:
thelifatree said:
Ditto with mass effect 2 likely

you just don't magically create A Halo, or Call of Duty IP, it has to become a phenemon sort of. It got the sales for a good game. It didn't catch like Call of Duty MW, Halo, Gears.

Maybe nathan wasn't cool enough :P I thought he was who knows

Well... The series is definately growing.

Uncharted 2 COULD end up at the dizzy heights of 5 Million with a few bundles, GotY Editions and "Best" Editions... And that's just the NEW bought copies. 2nd hand copies sold could also increase the popularity of the series, just like they did from Uncharted 1 

Uncharted 3, we could be looking at 6-7 Million sales, if it's as good as Uncharted 2!

I guess, so, growing... basically the opposite of sonic :D

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
thelifatree said:
Ditto with mass effect 2 likely

you just don't magically create A Halo, or Call of Duty IP, it has to become a phenemon sort of. It got the sales for a good game. It didn't catch like Call of Duty MW, Halo, Gears.

Maybe nathan wasn't cool enough :P I thought he was who knows

Well... The series is definately growing.

Uncharted 2 COULD end up at the dizzy heights of 5 Million with a few bundles, GotY Editions and "Best" Editions... And that's just the NEW bought copies. 2nd hand copies sold could also increase the popularity of the series, just like they did from Uncharted 1 

Uncharted 3, we could be looking at 6-7 Million sales, if it's as good as Uncharted 2!

Agreed. LBP has sold back to back 35k+ weeks in America after being a GH. It should sell consistently around 20k until Xmas and then it should sell big again. Plus LBP should keep around 10-15k in EU until Xmas as the the GOTY LBP edition was just released there on 04/16 at bargain price. JP and Australia still need to get the GOTY edition, that should get it to 4+million, who would've guessed after the 1st 2 weeks?

Point is, Uncharted 2 should follow a similar patter, EU and JP will get a platinum/the best edition this summer probably, US will get a GOTY edition probably this Fall, then next year the GOTY edition becomes a GH in the US and is released in EU/JP at platinum/the best price. I think Uncharted 2 will reach 5 million, even without being heavily bundled.

I made this thread like 2 weeks ago lol

Your a little late

I actually liked the first one better. Good sales for a good series though!