By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your saddest moment in gaming, what was it?

Ok don't just skip the OP, this isn't about when you cried. If you post about when you cried cause Cloud lost his mom due to Sephiroth slaying the whole world I'm going to laugh at you (for multiple reasons, one of them being because I have no clue about FF storylines ) This thread is really about the saddest (lowest/scummiest/evilest) moment in your gaming. Anyone can have a proud moment in gaming, but let's see how many people have really good low points

anyways, this thread was inspired by http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107620 and http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3357936&page=1&postnum=7

so, on to my story...

I was playing Mario Party 8 with my wife and I think we were tied or I was winning by 1 (as a note, I almost always won). She was 1 space in front of the star location, but had only 13 or so coins (you need 20 to buy a star). Well, we had a team mini-game, and I was on her team and she couldn't win without my help, as it was the mole smacking & carrot pulling minigame. I think I was the carrot puller but that doesn't matter. Anyways, I sat there and did nothing. She did everything she could do and then started crying (more or less) because I wasn't trying to win. I tried to explain to her that I was trying to win by preventing her from getting a star. She was also upset because I almost always won and I threw her chance to win.  Long story short, we didn't play videogames for weeks after that

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

When I had to Finally put STAR OCEAN 2 and 3 to rest after doing all the games could offer

I remember I got mad at my sister once and saved over her Final Fantasy II save with a new game, I assume that's pretty evil. :-p

My other sad moment was when I let The Wife play Portal.  She liked it up until about level 13 or 14 when she had to do running and jumping.  She got so frustrated she ended up throwing the controller across the room because she just can't run and jump (she isn't a gamer in any way at all) and was pretty upset.  I think the closest she ever came to leaving me was when I laughed at her misfortune.  >_>

nordlead said:

Ok don't just skip the OP, this isn't about when you cried. If you post about when you cried cause Cloud lost his mom due to Sephiroth slaying the whole world I'm going to laugh at you (for multiple reasons, one of them being because I have no clue about FF storylines ) This thread is really about the saddest (lowest/scummiest/evilest) moment in your gaming. Anyone can have a proud moment in gaming, but let's see how many people have really good low points

anyways, this thread was inspired by http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107620 and http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3357936&page=1&postnum=7

so, on to my story...

I was playing Mario Party 8 with my wife and I think we were tied or I was winning by 1 (as a note, I almost always won). She was 1 space in front of the star location, but had only 13 or so coins (you need 20 to buy a star). Well, we had a team mini-game, and I was on her team and she couldn't win without my help, as it was the mole smacking & carrot pulling minigame. I think I was the carrot puller but that doesn't matter. Anyways, I sat there and did nothing. She did everything she could do and then started crying (more or less) because I wasn't trying to win. I tried to explain to her that I was trying to win by preventing her from getting a star. She was also upset because I almost always won and I threw her chance to win.  Long story short, we didn't play videogames for weeks after that

lol that must be great to have such a competitive wife! and ur a jerk for that lol

nordlead said:

so, on to my story...

That is so mean.

I always win at mario party too. I can't lose if I try. We often give everyone 3 stars handicap and I always somehow win. I'll even close my eyes and randomly pick my routes, it doesn't matter.

My saddest moment in gaming is when I was playing warcraft 3 and then heard this high-pitched whine followed by a pop, followed by the computer and monitor shutting off, followed by smoke coming out of the computer.

Luckily, it was just the power supply, but I almost cried that day.

Around the Network

I bought at full price, played... And enjoyed...

Crash of the Titans.

*prepares to be luld at*

When i was little, playing Breath of Fire III, really immersed in the game and it started to crash when i tried to cross the volcano, due to my cd being scratched.

I reseted the game and tried (literally) thousands of times to go through that volcano, and the one time i got it, there was a power outage before i got the chance to save.

I still love the game and play it on my psp, but fuck that.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Flow said:
When i was little, playing Breath of Fire III, really immersed in the game and it started to crash when i tried to cross the volcano, due to my cd being scratched.

I reseted the game and tried (literally) thousands of times to go through that volcano, and the one time i got it, there was a power outage before i got the chance to save.

I still love the game and play it on my psp, but fuck that.

BOFIII is truely a gem... I love that game

nordlead said:

so, on to my story...

Damn man that's cold but your not alone....my gf just started playing Soul Calidur 4 and I crushed her with nothing but perfects (using maxi). She has not played a game of anykind with me since.

The day I found out there going to remake my beloved X-Com game and make it into a god dam FPS!

I know thats not really what you ment but there it is. Saddest day in gaming for me.