By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your saddest moment in gaming, what was it?

By "saddest", you mean "that's sad (mean/pitiful to do)," or do you mean "that's sad! Wahhhh!"

I thought you meant the first, but by the way almost everyone is replying, it implies the second. I'm so confused.

I can't think of anything evil I've done before while playing... I'll tag this thread for now and come back later. In the meantime, Nord, fill me in on what exactly you meant?

Around the Network

playing CIV 4 with my brother he had a great location to start with and only bordered me. I was stuck between him and 2 computers players both of whom were way ahead of us that game. So instead of helping me out so the two of us could at some point take them out. He got one to declare war on me and then declared war as well. He won the game but destroyed my interest in playing the game with him.

nordlead = meanie.

I can't think of a saddest moment. I've done some minor things like playing Mario Kart, being #1, stopping just before goal and waiting for another player to come close and then roll over the finish line just to piss my fellow players off.

I've had a really sad gaming period though, and that was in the late 90's and early 2000's. I was a real Nintendo fanboy back then and really behaved like a complete jerk on the internets. Had it been this site I visited back then I would've been banned a gazillion times. Thankfully I understood how pathetic I was.

One night, very tired after work, I pop FFXIII for a spin, I think chapter 3 or 4. After a while, my PS3 dies along with my beloved Demon's Souls save and Platinum

Anyways, too busy re-platinum-ing it and progressing in Monster Hunter 3

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
can't think of anything worse then

bad thirdparty wii games
ps3 launch
360 failure rate

i recan't this statment. and i'll change it to bad games. in a gen with such power and technology i can't beleave we still have bad games!

Around the Network
wfz said:
By "saddest", you mean "that's sad (mean/pitiful to do)," or do you mean "that's sad! Wahhhh!"

I thought you meant the first, but by the way almost everyone is replying, it implies the second. I'm so confused.

I can't think of anything evil I've done before while playing... I'll tag this thread for now and come back later. In the meantime, Nord, fill me in on what exactly you meant?

the intent was to steal the title of the other thread, while posting about being a meanie (your low point in your actions, or even a family member, as not everyone would have their own story). The problem was I couldn't find a good word to fit the title that was the opposite of proud. I also wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't read the OP, as I tried to spell it out in the first part of my post. I really don't care if people post the other, but that wasn't the intent.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

This is going to sound silly, but I poured multiple hundreds of hours into Digimon World III... something I normally never do... in order to get an Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, and just before I succeeded, my brother lent FFVII and the one memory card of four that we had that had my Digimon World III file. The guy he lent the game to lost the card, and you can imagine my response after finding that out.

Even though it has been five years since then, I still haven't recovered (I never got revenge on my brother either, what's that all about :O?). I will never again attempt to do something so ridiculous.

I completed Doom 95 100% at the age of 3, i played it 10 years later, and realised i couldnt get past the 2nd world thingy.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

nordlead said:

Ok don't just skip the OP, this isn't about when you cried. If you post about when you cried cause Cloud lost his mom due to Sephiroth slaying the whole world I'm going to laugh at you (for multiple reasons, one of them being because I have no clue about FF storylines ) This thread is really about the saddest (lowest/scummiest/evilest) moment in your gaming. Anyone can have a proud moment in gaming, but let's see how many people have really good low points

anyways, this thread was inspired by http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107620 and http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3357936&page=1&postnum=7

so, on to my story...

I was playing Mario Party 8 with my wife and I think we were tied or I was winning by 1 (as a note, I almost always won). She was 1 space in front of the star location, but had only 13 or so coins (you need 20 to buy a star). Well, we had a team mini-game, and I was on her team and she couldn't win without my help, as it was the mole smacking & carrot pulling minigame. I think I was the carrot puller but that doesn't matter. Anyways, I sat there and did nothing. She did everything she could do and then started crying (more or less) because I wasn't trying to win. I tried to explain to her that I was trying to win by preventing her from getting a star. She was also upset because I almost always won and I threw her chance to win.  Long story short, we didn't play videogames for weeks after that

thats cold man. but all is fare in love and war. gaming takes no prisoners. if i don't win. i will stop you from winnning. good job. you've just been promoted to general. that is all. carry on.

ok. i was lossing in a boxing match on fight night round 3. i tried everything to beat this girl. i tried everything but go into a corner or back up to the ropes. (my two biggest strategies) so i headded tword the ropes. circled around her and hit a flash ko on her. she never saw it comming. she didn't get up. it was the only time i knocked her down in 12 rounds. she knocked me down 6 times.